Gate Gourmet Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

1.6

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Food Preparer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Wasnt really intimidating or anything. Basic interview questions. Why should we hire you, name a time when. Have to follow a link via email and add your information including phone number then you will receive an automated call with pre recorded interview question. Then you just reply, accordingly.

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

started with phone interview. filled out questions online as well, very easy questions, not really an interview more of filling out paper work. They ask about usual transportation to the job as well. and availability.

Equipment Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview is an automated phone call. Your answers are recorded and reviewed by someone. About 5wks later I received a phone call to come fill out new hire paperwork...

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a coworker you don't get along with?   Answer Question

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I met with one of the HR people. It was a very professional,easy, laid back interview. She was very personable. I enjoyed the interview. I also appreciated that she asked me about my personal life. she gave very detailed information about the company and the job that would best suit me.

Interview Questions

• My job history. If the schedule they had would work for me. She wanted me to describe my self personally and my job history as well.   Answer Question

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview is never a interview only 2 questions simple very simple easy and painless lol and it's so dirty therefore I'm going out tonight lol I don't know if I'm getting my number lol yeah I'm so sorry to say thank him so I just don't know if I'm

Interview Questions

• The only ask if u can stand the cold?   1 Answer

Food Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

The hiring process is held via email and I received the most comprehensive interview as opposed to other applicants. They took me into the coolers and introduced me to the other workers.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can do this?   1 Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Atlanta, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

My process started in April. I was contacted by a recruiter by phone. He was very knowledgeable about the role and the most candid recruiter I had ever experience. He set expectations of the next step and when I didn't hear from him. he responded to my follow up without hesitation and set expectations again. I also interviewed with the CCO, the Marketing Director, and the HR Regional Manager in VA. I also submitted a sample presentation. I was hired in June.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite leader in history and why? I thought that was an insightful question to find out my value system in a roundabout way.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I countered..but it was already within my requested range.

Food Preparer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Atlanta, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

It was easy basic questions. It took about 10 mins to complete the questioning part and did paperwork the same day. The people were nice and helpful and I was able to do orientation about two days later.

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose Gate Gourmet   1 Answer

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Atlanta, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

You have to keep in constant contact to be considered when they hiring, there is no interview. you go straight from the application to constantly hounding them on the phone to the background and drug screen. If you pass your hired.

Interview Questions

• None. Its more about Can you do the job and pass a backgrond check   Answer Question

Supervisor, Food Ops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Atlanta, GA) in January 2009.

Interview

I contacted a corporate recruiter about a job posting and was contacted the next day by a recruiter in the Atlanta office. He asked the basic questions about my resume asking me to explain past jobs and functions. The next day, I was contacted again and a date was set for a one on one interview. I lived in another state but arrangements were made.

I arrived 45 minutes early and was promptly met by my contact. I was interviewed by three individuals, each separately working my way higher up the organizational chart. The first was a line level manager with a very "in your face style" of questions. He basically told me that he was very hard to work for and that I would hate him. He would call me at all hours of the night and on my days off and I better have answers for him. The second was (I forget his exact title) a Supply Chain Director that had worked at the company for 11 years. His interview was very pleasant. He had a very professional demeanor and had worked his way up having started as an hourly associate. The third was the Director of Ops. The Director said that he was busy but "wanted to make a few minutes for me". He asked three questions, tops.

Everyone that I spoke to (except for the "in your face guy" said "You are the guy" and "You will do great here".

When my recruiter was walking me out, he informed me that he "got the nod" from two out of the three, the director and the Supply Chain guy and to expect an offer very soon.

I stayed in constant contact with my recruiter for the following two weeks with each conversation pointing me to believe that an offer was being finalized. The recruiter even asked me if I had found a place to live and suggested neighborhoods for relocation.

Then one day, my email to him was rejected. I called and was informed that the recruiter with whom I had worked was "no longer employed with Gate Gourmet". It took me a couple of hours and numerous phone calls chasing an answer. In the end, a lady from HR called to inform me that I was no longer being considered for any open positions.

My wife and I had been packing boxes and making moving arrangements...

Interview Questions

• How many days off a year would you expect an hourly associate to take?   Answer Question