Gate Gourmet Receptionist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1.0

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Chantilly, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

Ok so I had an interview yesterday at the Dulles location. My interview was for 11:30 I got there at 11:15. The receptionist informed my I was too early, first off all as you can see from looking at the time I arrived 15 mins early, thats the norm for an interview. She told me to wait in the cafeteria. I could tell just by looking at the food that it had to taste just as bad as it looked. Then again its free lunch so why complain. A lot of the employees did though. So after waiting in the dingy cafeteria for over an hour, I went back to human resources to see if any body could interview me and then the receptionist informed me she forgot all of the managers were on vacation so she would have to interview me. How do you forget that all of the managers are on vacation but you're still scheduling people for interview. I came all the way from maryland which took 2hrs. Finally, I'm being interview and she informs me that the pay is only 9 for the porter and 8.75 for food services. People at Mcdonalds make more than that. That turned me off from the job right there. Gate Gourmet is also in the Union which is why I can't understand why the pay is so low with no benefits. Then she tells me even though you applied for the night shift, we may place you at any one of our four shifts and you have to work it. So basically she saying right off the bat we don't care about your outside life this job is your life. This was the worst interview I have ever had. I can't imagine how it is to work there. Just from looking at the employees there. their unhappy and sad. Many of them aren't from this country, so this might be there only option. The only english people I saw was in human resources. One of the employees told me I you start working here you might as well buy a carton of cigs, because you will smoke every chance you get.

Interview Questions

• Every question was the same as the phone interview. EXACTLY THE SAME WORD FOR WORD   Answer Question

Not a place to work at