Gate Gourmet Interview Questions in Reston, VA | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

3.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Reston, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Need to know technical aspect of financial analysis very well. Will need to know DCF model very well. Will need to know the concept of journal entry, commitment, revenue recognition and other accounting concepts very well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you acted as project manager of a project that last longer than a month.   Answer Question

Account Receivable Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Reston, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Manager was a little lost on what is he looking for. Seem to have control of his team however he doesn't. Not a real good interview. Manager is doesn't interact with the interviewer seems to always be distracted of everyone that goes by the interview room.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in this accounts receivable field?
      Have you ever been involved in an invoice dispute? How did you manage the problem?
      Explain the accounts receivables cycle.
      What accounts receivables applications are your familiar with?
      What challenges are you looking for in this accounts receivable position?   Answer Question

Private Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Reston, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

The process was thorough. The interview questions were not what you find online to "practice" for, so be prepared to improvise.

Interview Questions

• None were too difficult, but the only one that caught me a bit off guard was "What would you do in "X" situation?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Interview

Applied the job through the company website. After HR screening, was invited onsite. Met HR, the hiring manager and CFO. Briefed the company, the position and team structure. Typical interview questions. Asked to walk through my resume. Why I left the last job. What projects have done. Where do you see yourself in 5 years.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Reston, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

Recruiters are super professional. Had to do a drug test and background check which took a little time but was not too bad.

Negotiation

Easy. Would have liked a bit more money.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Reston, VA) in June 2010.

Interview

You will go thru two to three phone interviews asking very similar questions. Basic question, why you are looking, why do you think you will be successful.Then they call you for a face to face interview. You have an opportunity to see how the operations runs...this where I should have seen the writing on the wall.

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Reston, VA) in February 2010.

Interview

1. HR Phone Screen
    2. Interview with Group VP and a Director
    3. Interview with CFO and other Group VP

Interview Questions

• What impact will the rise of LCCs have on our business?   Answer Question

Negotiation

1 round of negotiation