Gate Gourmet Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.2

86 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Flight Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet.

Interview

The process took a month and a half. I sent my application online on July they called me the next day about an automated phone screening and i got a call for a in person interview 3 weeks later. I went in for a tour and interview and they asked me to come back few days later for another interview with another person. After the interview they told me to wait a week for the result. After two weeks i got a call saying they had picked another person for the position.

They will tell you that you are what they are looking for but don't get your hopes up.

They are not punctual with their time.

HR Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Terrible is the nicest way to describe the interview process. Parking for guest was an absolutely ridiculous. Once I entered into the main building I wasn't greeted by the receptionist at all. I was interviewed by a director that was extremely unprofessional and seemed a bit biased. I was asked 3 general questions which was a total waste of an hour drive. With the experience I have in my profession, I wouldn't recommend anyone to waste time interviewing with them.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience in customer service?   1 Answer
    • Are you flexible?   1 Answer

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Detroit, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

I was scheduled for an interview for an Admin Specialist job. The interview was short & easy. I felt as if I was in and out in no time. They asked questions about my past experience and the recruiter called me a few days later.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable with excel?   1 Answer

Food Preparer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Wasnt really intimidating or anything. Basic interview questions. Why should we hire you, name a time when. Have to follow a link via email and add your information including phone number then you will receive an automated call with pre recorded interview question. Then you just reply, accordingly.

Flight Checker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

It's a fast paced job, and the work is non stop 24/7. You'll most probably work in huge walking coolers.
    Pay is low comparing to the amount of work.
    There are some MANDATORY overtime that you HAVE TO work.
    You have to have a flexible schedule, and be ready whenever they call you and need your help.

Equipment Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email with instructions to complete an automated phone screening. Only 5 questions, took about 10 or 15 min. A week later i got a phone call to schedule an appointment to tour the facility and do another interview in person. Waiting to hear back from them.

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

started with phone interview. filled out questions online as well, very easy questions, not really an interview more of filling out paper work. They ask about usual transportation to the job as well. and availability.

Food Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Few days later received an email containing a number to call and a pin for a phone interview. A week later received another call along with an email confirming my 2nd interview date and time. (Don't get freaked out there's no 2nd interview). I went to the company they took me and 8 other people on a tour of the facility. (Food Assemblers work in a cold freezer..seriously you could blow puffs of air out your mouth in there). After that they sat us all down, described each job to us, what times were required to be there etc. (Full Time: 4 days a week, 3 days off Part time: 3 days a week, 3 days off)
    We filled out our paperwork, did a quick drug test, I'm guessing they already did the background checks before we came and we all were offered a job position. Yes, it was that easy.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your most recent position?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work with Gate Gourmet?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you disagreed with a coworker.   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   1 Answer
    • How do you show professionalism in the work area when interacting with customers?   Answer Question
    • The rest are simple yes/no questions about if you can work overtime or over night and if you can lift heavy boxes etc.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Reston, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Need to know technical aspect of financial analysis very well. Will need to know DCF model very well. Will need to know the concept of journal entry, commitment, revenue recognition and other accounting concepts very well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you acted as project manager of a project that last longer than a month.   Answer Question

Store Clerk Interview

Interview

First you get a phone call asking if you accept the salary and understand the shifts. Then they send an email for you to complete phone interview within 48 hours. Interview was done by phone. You answer a series of questions about your character and how you feel you can improve the company with your skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate based off my skills.