Gateway Health Plan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Gateway Health Plan

2.6

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gateway Health Plan (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview process consists of a phone interview with a corporate human resources representative, followed up with a face to face interview with the hiring manager, other departmental manager and peers. The offer is negotiated with the same corporate HR representative who conducted the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, job specific questions.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Interview

This was a typical interview process which included the following: phone screening by HR recruiter, interview with hiring manager, interview with team. Organization on-boarding was average. Specific job on-boarding was lacking.

Interview Questions

• Ask questions. Ask the team the last time they were recognized for a job well done and how they were recognized. If someone is quiet and not participating in the interview, that's a red flag. Find out what your actual goals would be; ask to see a blank copy of the annual review form. Find out if there is actual career and professional development, beyond generic training offered by the company. Find out what kind/length of management experience the hiring manager has before joining the team.   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gateway Health Plan (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Brought in with a batch of other applicants, discussed potential positions available and
     what skills would be a good fit for the available position. Felt much less like an interview than a discussion with each manager.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gateway Health Plan (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview to determine if qualified, then invited to two interviews, by a peer and the hiring manager. Was grateful that they were back-to-back, and I could do both in one day. My manager personally called me the next day to say that I was her favorite candidate and that a recruiter would follow-up shortly with the details. Really appreciated that call before the weekend :)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Gateway?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gateway Health Plan (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

Talked to six different executives who all seem unprepared for my interview. Few asked me specific questions about my background and how it fit the job responsibilities for the position. It was more of a conversation than interview.

Interview Questions

• the questions involved what the major issues that needed to be addressed in health care were and how my background fit the job.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gateway Health Plan (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a very standard panel interview. Each interviewer asked general questions (strengths, weaknesses, examples from previous jobs, etc.) And they each asked several questions about my specific experience in particular areas. It was very conversational and congenial. They were open to answering my questions as well. They were interested in looking at not just skills and education but how a person's personality fits into the department. It really gave me a good sense of the company.

The application process was an enormous pain, though.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gateway Health Plan in November 2018.

Interview

Was contacted by HR around 60 days after I initially applied. Received an e-mail with a link asking me to take a personality assessment. Then I received an e-mail asking me to schedule and in person interview. When I arrived at the interview, it was supposed to take place with three individuals. In the e-mail from the HR employee, it listed their job titles, all of which turned out to be different when I met them in person. The job listing was completely different from the actual job. It wasn't an FP&A financial analysis job, but rather a labor analytics job. It's hard to prepare for an interview when the job listing doesn't match the job being offered. Also, it was clear within a few minutes that this new labor analytics department would be eliminated after they created a dash boarding system for each department within the company.

The company is undergoing major internal transformation and has been gutted. One of the people in the interview was actually a third party consultant that I believe is tasked with overseeing all new hires.

Everyone there is new, so the interview questions were the same generic ones you get everywhere. I never heard back after my interview but I think that's because I appeared a bit disinterested when it was clear the job wasn't really a traditional financial analysis job and that it was likely to be short term in nature. I do wish them luck in rebuilding that company from the inside.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gateway Health Plan.

Interview

Very quick and easy, great panel interview and they asked relevant questions. I was comfortable, but it turned out to be a department that had many issues and did not support the staff with respect.

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gateway Health Plan (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone and in person with 2 supervisors. I spoke this hr rep. Recruiter about past experience. I was ask to come to the building and spoke with 2 supervisors about past experiences. I had to complete a drug test and a back ground check. Took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gateway Health Plan (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

I had a face to face interview with the director. Then I had a second interview via the phone with the hiring manager. The director did not seem to interested in me, but the hiring manager was really impressed with my resume and the responses to the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What made me choose the career path as a business analyst?   Answer Question