Gaylord Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gaylord Entertainment Interview Questions

2.8

Paradise Springs Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gaylord Entertainment (Grapevine, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and they e-mailed every 2 weeks with different interview opportunities and a time allotment to come in whenever. Went through 3 or four stages. The first 2 interviewers were basic questions and the third was with 2 men high up in security with more in depth questions about experience. It's a very good job with good pay so it's difficult to get without experience. There was also a drug test after all 3 interview stages.

Seasonal Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gaylord Entertainment (Grapevine, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview was like a cattle-call. High volume of candidates were brought into HR at different times, and interviewed with an HR member, who would decide whether to advance to the next level. I went in for a Seasonal position, and was offered a full-time position in the Spa at my first interview. They seemed to have a good idea what to look for in each candidate, and interview was fairly standard.

Interview Questions

• They asked about dealing with difficult people   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was nothing to negotiate for this position. It was a standard offer.

Food and Beverage Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gaylord Entertainment (Grapevine, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Process was simple they asked the basic interview questions. They let me know the same say that I got the job. With in the same day I had two different interviews one with someone from HR and then one with the department manager,

Interview Questions

• The basic question you always get asked in an interview: Give me an example of a time you delt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Retail Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gaylord Entertainment (Grapevine, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

The H.R. department called me and asked me to come in for a next-day interview. I went in for it. I was prepared for a small interview, however I went through three different interviews that day and took over 3 hours. I had to wait for each person to come down and meet with me which was annoying, but in the end it was worth it because they offered me the job on the spot, right after I filled out my paperwork instead of waiting for the first day with the restaurant I was chosen for. It was a long process but I'm glad I got to do it all at once instead of coming up 3 different times

Interview Questions

• The most random question I got was " Can you smile?" Gaylord is big on their smiles, I figured that out pretty fast.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gaylord Entertainment.

Interview

My interview process consisted of 3 separate interviews. The first was a 1:1 with one of the front desk managers who asked your basic interview questions. The second interview was with the Director of Rooms. This interview was really more of a personality test to see how friendly and outgoing I was. Once you get to the last interview you pretty much have the job. It is a causal meeting with the hotel VP Manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating. Starting salary is $10/hr

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gaylord Entertainment.

Interview

Hr called to schedule an interview, I went in the next day and was seen by a recruiter and when I passed that, I was seen by the manager of the restaurant 20 minutes later. That interview was about 45 min. I was then asked to wait about 45 to see the vp, however I was not able to and was told to come in the next day. I did and was seen by the vp in the morning at was asked if I would like the position. I accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none. They have a very strict salary schedule for hourly employees, unless you have serious work experience, 10+ years, to help.

Food Runner - Wildhorse Saloon Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gaylord Entertainment (Nashville, TN) in January 2013.

Interview

Gaylord Entertainment requires 2 interviews for the Wildhorse Saloon, one at HR headquarters near the Opryland Hotel and one at the Wildhorse Saloon itself. They try to schedule both on the same day, one right after the other, so you will have two interviews back-to-back.

Interview Questions

• "Please explain one circumstance in which you have not gotten along with one or more of your coworkers and how the problem was resolved."   Answer Question

I received a better job prospect.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gaylord Entertainment.

Interview

I was selected for an interview and wasnt actually asked anything considering I knew somebody that said, "I want this one so push him through."

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your weaknesses. What changes would you make in your first week?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gaylord Entertainment in February 2010.

Interview

The process began with an online application and then progressed to phone Interviews (2) before the onsite was conducted. They also believe in a collaborative approach so expect to interview with business partners and clients during the process.

Interview Questions

• How would you drive corporate initiatives through the property level teams.   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gaylord Entertainment (Grapevine, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online and within 2 days i was invited to a job fair! There was about 5 or 6 small interviews with different heads of each department. They are very nice and were welcoming to new employees. They offered me the job the same day and i started work within the next three weeks!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to help someone overcome a problem?   Answer Question