Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center Interview Questions in Nashville, TN | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 31, 2017

2.3

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Hair Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center (Nashville, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview on a Saturday evening. Then asked to come perform services for practical interview. Did a manicure and up-do and verbal interview with manager. Then was asked to return to do a highlight. Once completed the service, was offered job and taken to HR for drug testing and enrollment for orientation. Orientation was 2 weeks later for 2 days and then 3 days in dept training.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an unhappy customer? How do you deal with difficult coworkers?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center (Nashville, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was short, simple, and to the point. The longest part of the hiring process for me was the drive there. The manager who conducted the interview explained the duties of the job very well and gave a clear picture that this job is not your typical security job.

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center (Nashville, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

One to one interview. I have to wait like a while for the interview so that is not a good experience. So first you need to go to security both to get clearance to building then you need to tell human resource you have the interview and wait for the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself.
      Situation questions to test your problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center (Nashville, TN) in September 2013.

Interview

The interviewing process went very well. Everyone I have encountered in this company so far has been very pleasant. I look forward to joining the family and having what I hope to be a bright future with an amazing company!

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I suppose was what happened with a customer where I had to deal with an unsatisfied or unhappy customer, but I expected such questions.   Answer Question

Event Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center (Nashville, TN) in August 2013.

Interview

It is a process, very professional and friendly. Everyone I encountered made me feel that this was definitely a place that I would enjoy working at, being as I was looking to work in the hospitality/ customer service field.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

SPA Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center (Nashville, TN) in April 2013.

Interview

I was Called by HR and had an interview, and after that I was then called by the Spa Manager. I was asked some pretty standard interview questions. They were all Very nice.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center (Nashville, TN) in September 2012.

Interview

Gaylord's HR department is an absolute pleasure to work with. Once I passed the initial interviews with them, I found the interview onsite with the department I would be working with extremely unorganized. I ultimately was offered the position, but was completely uneasy with the staff I would be working with. I turned it down.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you worked somewhere and did not fit in with the company's culture. What did you do?   1 Answer

Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center (Nashville, TN) in August 2012.

Interview

brief phone chat with someone from HR. then a brief, 20-minute face to face verbal interview consisting mostly of technical questions about sound systems, etc. then after the verbal interview, I came back the next day for an audition which was to mix sound for a band. I had about an hour to get a good mix going.

Line Cook II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center (Nashville, TN) in April 2012.

Interview

Waited for 30 minutes, met with an upbeat girl who asked basic questions, and then had a surprise interview with the executive chef, he asked strange questions, but hey made sense from a culinary stand point. They were mostly testing your personality

Interview Questions

• What book are you currently reading, how thick is your skin, etc...   Answer Question

Guest Services Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center (Nashville, TN) in September 2010.

Interview

I went through a hiring event because I was hired after the flood.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to exceed customers expectations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was presented with $9.46 and was expected to accept when given. I asked for more and they gave me a little more. NOT MUCH.