Gcom Software Inc Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Gcom Software Inc Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Gcom Software Inc

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gcom Software Inc

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gcom Software Inc in May 2012.

Interview

I arrived about 20 minutes early per usual and needed some of those minutes to locate the correct offices. When I entered the waiting area, no receptionist was present, so I stood standing for 10-15 minutes until an employee walked in to ask if he could help me. HE ended up getting the reception for me. When the receptionist returned, I was greeted in a surly manner and asked me to sit for the manager.

I was not seen until 45 minutes after my appointment was scheduled. Neither explanations nor apologies were provided.

During the interview itself, the management team asked me no fewer than three times if I was bilingual in Hindi; I am, and that information was noted in at least four places in my application materials. They also spent at least half the interview time telling me about how I should behave, and asked personal questions about family (do I have children?) and religion. **LIGHT BULB** The other interviewer appeared clearly uncomfortable with her questions and attempted to ask more relevant questions. At no time was I given an opportunity to ask questions or provided with more information about the companies various programs, in which I would be working if I ended up there...

When the interview was over, I left with a nasty feeling and no sense of what a year there would look like in terms of the actual work. But at the time, anything was better then nothing. I got the offer in about two days.

I spent an absolutely awful months there, with very little choice to continue. I could say much more about the actual placement year because it was badbadbad, but suffice to say: I should have listened to my gut to begin with.

TL;DR — Trust your impressions and your feelings; people who seem terrible up front are generally terrible all the time.

Interview Questions