Gcom Software Inc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gcom Software Inc Interview Questions

Interviews at Gcom Software Inc

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gcom Software Inc

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gcom Software Inc.

Interview

One on one interview process with java based questions, basic theory questions on java concepts, SQL queries and J2EE knowledge, basic data structures knowldge One on one interview process with java based questions, basic theory questions on java concepts, SQL queries and J2EE knowledge, basic data structures knowldge

Interview Questions

• reverse a linked list, subtree of tree, java theory questions- overloading, overriding, threads, collections API, why use generics?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gcom Software Inc (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied in March. This was followed by a telephonic interview for intial screeening . It was more like an HR round. This was followed by a 1 hour technical interview. Any finally the offer was made within a week.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gcom Software Inc (Albany, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

They were at our career fair and collected our resumes. After a few weeks, they invited us for an Open House (information session and interviews). They interviewed everyone who were present, and some made it to the second round. The first round was focused on the technical things, while in the second round I was asked a few technical questions and very few H.R questions (like why should they hire me, and salary discussions). My interviewers were cool and my interviewers were pleasant. They sent out an offer in 2 days.

Interview Questions

• They primarily asked about the things that I put on my resume. They questioned on my coursework, OOP concepts, .Net, my knowledge about cloud services, SQL, my projects and on the things I put in as my skills. They asked me about how I would start working on a project, what information I would collect from the client. They also asked a couple questions on data structures and algorithms(bubble sort and its complexity). All the questions were basic level and seemed like testing whether I know all those things.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gcom Software Inc in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on Dice. The recruiter called me and confirmed my interest in the role and scheduled a phone interview. I prepared well and was enthusiastic about the company. The manager called me and started explaining that they needed someone who has experience in spring, web services etc. Then started asking me java oops concepts which i answered. Then started hibernate questions and spring questions. When I told him I don't have knowledge on these, he said thanks and abruptly ended the call.

I wonder why they picked my resume since I had neither of these technologies on my resume.

Interview Questions

• oops concepts
      singleton class
      access modifiers
      polymorphism   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gcom Software Inc in May 2012.

Interview

I arrived about 20 minutes early per usual and needed some of those minutes to locate the correct offices. When I entered the waiting area, no receptionist was present, so I stood standing for 10-15 minutes until an employee walked in to ask if he could help me. HE ended up getting the reception for me. When the receptionist returned, I was greeted in a surly manner and asked me to sit for the manager.

I was not seen until 45 minutes after my appointment was scheduled. Neither explanations nor apologies were provided.

During the interview itself, the management team asked me no fewer than three times if I was bilingual in Hindi; I am, and that information was noted in at least four places in my application materials. They also spent at least half the interview time telling me about how I should behave, and asked personal questions about family (do I have children?) and religion. **LIGHT BULB** The other interviewer appeared clearly uncomfortable with her questions and attempted to ask more relevant questions. At no time was I given an opportunity to ask questions or provided with more information about the companies various programs, in which I would be working if I ended up there...

When the interview was over, I left with a nasty feeling and no sense of what a year there would look like in terms of the actual work. But at the time, anything was better then nothing. I got the offer in about two days.

I spent an absolutely awful months there, with very little choice to continue. I could say much more about the actual placement year because it was badbadbad, but suffice to say: I should have listened to my gut to begin with.

TL;DR — Trust your impressions and your feelings; people who seem terrible up front are generally terrible all the time.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gcom Software Inc (Albany, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I received a call from someone a few days after applying for the job, looking to schedule a face-to-face interview for "today, tomorrow, or Friday". Today, really? She didn't make it seem as if they were flexible either. The lack of consideration was the first thing that turned me off. I finally agreed to anytime "tomorrow", and she said she'd get back to me. She called me back after 5 PM to schedule an interview for 10 AM the next morning. That left me with no time to pick-up a suit from the dry cleaners before they closed, or to go to the mall to buy a new suit, because I already had a prior commitment after work. I was even more annoyed now. I wore a dress, and only somewhat hoped that I wouldnt be judged too harshly. Thankfully I didn't wear a suit. It was almost 90° outside at 10 AM, and it had to have been 90° inside as well, especially in the closed conference room. No one even bothered to offer me a cup of water. I interviewed with the hiring manager, and two people on the team. Luckily the interview only lasted about 25 minutes. Just before I stumbled out the door and practically dropped from heat exhsustion, I was told that they would let me know either way the next Friday, but of course they didn't, which was not surprising. The person who called me to set-up the interview supposedly should have gone over the salary and benefits with me prior to the interview, but she didn't. I had to contact her twice following the interview, and then we only discussed the salary, she still gave me no benefit information. I really don't care that I didn't get an offer, because there was nothing about the job, the place, or the people that I met that got me excited. I would consider working for them as a contractor, because I wouldnt have to see and deal with them on a daily basis, but never again as a permanent employee.

Interview Questions

• He didn't ask anything special. Maybe my lack of interest showed, and he was just going through the motions too.   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gcom Software Inc (Mumbai (India)) in December 2017.

Interview

The test first consisted of a 25 questions pen and paper test of 1 hour consisting of general quants and some programming logic questions along with behavioral questions. Each question was of 3 marks with -1 negative marking. Afterwards there was a group discussion round . And afterwards they conducted interviews.