Gcom Software Inc Technical Writer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Gcom Software Inc Technical Writer Interview Questions

Interviews at Gcom Software Inc

1 Interview Review

1.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gcom Software Inc

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gcom Software Inc (Albany, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I received a call from someone a few days after applying for the job, looking to schedule a face-to-face interview for "today, tomorrow, or Friday". Today, really? She didn't make it seem as if they were flexible either. The lack of consideration was the first thing that turned me off. I finally agreed to anytime "tomorrow", and she said she'd get back to me. She called me back after 5 PM to schedule an interview for 10 AM the next morning. That left me with no time to pick-up a suit from the dry cleaners before they closed, or to go to the mall to buy a new suit, because I already had a prior commitment after work. I was even more annoyed now. I wore a dress, and only somewhat hoped that I wouldnt be judged too harshly. Thankfully I didn't wear a suit. It was almost 90° outside at 10 AM, and it had to have been 90° inside as well, especially in the closed conference room. No one even bothered to offer me a cup of water. I interviewed with the hiring manager, and two people on the team. Luckily the interview only lasted about 25 minutes. Just before I stumbled out the door and practically dropped from heat exhsustion, I was told that they would let me know either way the next Friday, but of course they didn't, which was not surprising. The person who called me to set-up the interview supposedly should have gone over the salary and benefits with me prior to the interview, but she didn't. I had to contact her twice following the interview, and then we only discussed the salary, she still gave me no benefit information. I really don't care that I didn't get an offer, because there was nothing about the job, the place, or the people that I met that got me excited. I would consider working for them as a contractor, because I wouldnt have to see and deal with them on a daily basis, but never again as a permanent employee.

Interview Questions

• He didn't ask anything special. Maybe my lack of interest showed, and he was just going through the motions too.   Answer Question