Geek Squad Geek Squad CIA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Geek Squad Geek Squad CIA Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Prattville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Prattville, AL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was laid-back. The expected questions were asked, such as questions on past employment, customer service, problem solving, customer confrontation, etc. Overall, it was a great interview, they interviewed me the same way, if not better than I would have myself. The management was nice and was very competent.

Interview Questions

• If you needed an answer to a question that a client / customer asked you, how would you go about providing the answer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Geek Squad

Geek Squad CIA Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Geek Squad.

Interview

My application was submitted online and I turned in a physical copy to the Deputy of Counter Intelligence. I made multiple contacts with the DCI before getting an official interview and was giving a second interview within 2 days. I was hired after a second interview in which I discussed pay and hours in more detail.

Interview Questions

• There where no questions which stood out as difficult or unexpected. The entire interview process consisted of standard questions involving experience, background, intent for future development and opened ended questions asking for feedback FOR the interviewer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was very straight forward, I explained my skills and abilities and asked the hiring manager for a specific pay rate that I felt matched.

Geek Squad CIA Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Geek Squad.

Interview

The hiring procedure is a very long procedure

Geek Squad CIA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Geek Squad.

Interview

I submitted my application online for a different position and was contacted 2 days later by the HR lady. She talked with me about the original position and said she wanted me to apply for the CIA position she had just posted. I applied for that position and she called me back to schedule an interview. She asked some general questions about how much I want to work at bestbuy and what hours I could work. She then scheduled an interview for two days later.

That interview was in a small poorly lit, cluttered room about the size of a large closet. There were 3 chairs and a very large safe. They asked several questions to list previous experiences helping customers, working with a team, putting a teams best in first priority, etc. This interview was generally awkward and the two guys interviewing me seemed to be as awkward as me. Maybe their first time interviewing someone. Well, I thought I probably did not have the job after this one because of how awkward it went and I never really got an opportunity to show my strong points.

Well, the next day I got another call from the HR lady to schedule an interview with the GM. we scheduled that for 2 days later. This was also in the closet sized room with the safe. This interview was extremely relaxed, and actually quite fun. I really got to show off my skills and strong technical points. This went great.

At the end of the interview he offered me the job. He explained how to accept the offer online and told me how much the pay would be. We shook hands and went our separate ways.

Interview Questions

• What's a time you had to use an information system.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Issaquah, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

There is a two interview process, one with the current Geek Squad supervisor (Deputy of Counter Intelligence), and the other with the current General Manager. The first interview is your chance to shine, if you get called into the second interview, it is to validate your prior review and receive an offer for employment. GM's are typically disconnected from the rest of the store and hire based on the outcome of the first interview with the current supervisor of whatever department you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Times I have gone above and beyond for a client in a customer service situation. Geek Squad isn't just a computer repair job, it is a client relationship job and you will be responsible for alleviating client issues in the best way possible.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooks, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Brooks, KY) in September 2011.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview by HR to assess technical knowledge. A+ level stuff. Then a more in-depth interview with slightly more in-depth technical questions, plus the personality review and typical "if you saw someone stealing..." type questions. If they are in a hiring rush, the process will be very quick and easy. They will give just about anyone who owns a computer and plays video games a black tie. But for more individual positions they will offer up much more scrutiny.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions struck me a particularly difficult. Again, A+ level stuff. I do tend to struggle with the ethics questions as I feel they are trying to trap me. Since it is a retail chain, they really spend a lot of time on ethics questinos.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating on pay. Pay is run almost like a union, with very little variance in bay based on performance or skillset. They will promote based on this, but you will make what your peers make, give or take $0.10.

Anonymous Employee in Port Arthur, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Port Arthur, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

I had to first apply online which is basically the first interview. Then I was called into the office by the General Manager. And she asked me about my computer background, then she asked me how I would sale a computer. The interview was simple for me because they were looking for somebody at a last minutes notice.

Interview Questions

• If a customer is interested in buying a computer, what is the steps you would do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a lot of negotiation since this was a part time job while I'm in school I accepted whatever they offered

Geek Squad CIA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Geek Squad in August 2010.

Interview

Applied online and waited a week before being contacted. Had a brief phone interview where they just asked basic questions. Then three interviews and waited a month after drug testing to finally start. Interviewed with the store manager, home life manager, and finally the DCI.

Geek Squad CIA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Called in after applying online for a sales position. Inquired about a tech position and they admitted to an opening in geek squad. I spoke with a supervisor first and then was called in for an interview with the store manager. Make sure you make a firm demand for compensation or they will pay you as much as a mcdonalds burger flipper.

Geek Squad CIA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anonang, Pangasinan (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Anonang, Pangasinan (Philippines)).

Interview

Pretty lame... 3 interviews and not a single IT related question

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We are going to offer you this set amount... no negotiation