Geek Squad Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 23, 2017

2.7

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Geek Squad.

Interview

The process was overall very informal and laid back. I received a phone interview the next day after I applied. They also told me to come in that same day for an interview with the geek squad manager. Now, I am waiting to hear back to see if I will proceed to the interview with the GM. Most of the questions asked were scenario based questions. Describe a time when...

Advanced Repair Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Geek Squad.

Interview

I applied online through the Best Buy careers site. I waited 2 weeks after applying for some kind of communication, but nothing happened. I finally decided to call the store, and ask for the hiring manager. She was very kind and gave me an interview for the following week. My interviewer just read questions off some paper she had. I really didn't like the questions They were all focused on hypotheticals, store setting, other employees, and not the actual job. She only asked me one technical question out of a 15 minute interview. Really disappointed on how the interview went.

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

They called me on the phone the day after I applied and asked some basic customer service questions. I was out of state but they were willing to do a phone interview. They told me if interested they would call back.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest day of work you ever had?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Lexington, KY) in December 2016.

Interview

Received phone call with initial phone interview on Sunday. Had first interview on Thursday. Interview seemed to go well, was promised third interview with GM and was introduced to him. Got an email on Tuesday I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a positive and negative thing about the team you worked with at your previous job.   Answer Question

Consultant Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Northridge, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and week later received a phone call asking a few questions, such as my availability and what other positions i'd be interested in. during that phone call i scheduled my one on one interview in person. It was a fairly quick interview. I arrived fifteen minutes early but the interviewer was running late, so I had to wait about 30 minutes before being interviewed. They led me to the small security office because the interview room was occupied. It was a simple interview, they would select a few questions from a paper and write down your responses.

Interview Questions

• What questions would you ask a customer to see how comfortable they are with technology and to figure out what problem they are having.   1 Answer

Consultation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

They brought me in to interview with the Geek Squad manager, he asked a few questions about my background and what experiences I had working with people, other team members, and helping others. Mostly talked more on the people skills side rather than the technical side.

Interview Questions

• How have you helped someone with technical issues in the past?   Answer Question

Consultation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Geek Squad (San Antonio, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I only got through the first interview and they never told me why I didn't move on but it was a really good interview. I believe they asked really easy questions all of which I found on Glassdoor besides like one which was a little technical and he said Geek Squad mainly works on spyware issues.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a conflict with a co worker and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

ARA (Advanced Repair Agent) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Columbia, MD).

Interview

I'm very much over-qualified for any of the Geek Squad positions, but I wanted some part-time work for a little while. I applied online on Sunday and they called me Monday morning. They asked basic questions about the number of hours I wanted, the schedule I desired, my overall level of interest in working for Best Buy on a 1-5 scale, then scheduled me to come in for a sit-down interview with the store mgr (I went in the same day). We sat in the back room and he fired out the typical questions you'll see on this site, such as "Name a time you dealt with an irate customer" ..... "How did you overcome working with a troublesome co-worker" ..... "Tell me about how you went above and beyond for a customer", etc. Just an FYI..... If you can't think of a time it really happened to you, just make something up that sounds good.....tell 'em what they want to hear. The mgr knew I was over-qualified, so he didn't get technical with me at all. He said he had to discuss it with the GM first (who is out of town) and will call me soon.....currently waiting on a call back.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. They're exactly the ones you find on this site. Write them down and answer them on your own before you go in for an interview.   Answer Question

Geek Squad Consultation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Citrus Heights, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Citrus Heights, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied on July 13th, contacted via phone on the 15th to schedule appointment on the 17th. No phone interview. On day of interview, was directed to a waiting area for interviews. Interviews were running late and interviewer had many interviews that day :5-6 interviews including mine. Interviewer was quite friendly and made me comfortable during interview in employee break room. Seemed very interested in me but could not hire due to "new minor restrictions" as I am 16. It was my first interview and although I did not get a job offer, it was a very good learning experience.

Interview Questions

• The questions are typically scenario questions such as "Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for somebody"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Waterbury, CT) in April 2014.

Interview

Basically a short set of questions on your past work, why you want to work there...ect pretty standard for a big corp. Take you to a back room, sit down, ask questions...leave. Pretty much exactly what you would expect.