Geek Squad Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Geek Squad Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Minnetonka, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

Had nothing to do with if you can actually repair a computer, which is a problem. It was focused mostly on stock HR boiler plate questions and if you can sell services and how we can make more money

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry client?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was pretty straight forward: What do you want to be paid, here's what we'll pay you, take it or we move on to the next guy.

Advanced Repair Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Geek Squad.

Interview

Application must be made via a poorly-coded, third-party website. This includes such ridiculous questions as "It is ok to take money from the cash register, true or false," and very little to do with the job applied for.

If this application is 'successful,' you are contacted by a low-level manager or department supervisor for a phone interview. If this is successful, you are invited for an in-person interview with a mid-level manager or department supervisor. If that interview is successful, you are interviewed by both the store manager and the supervisor for the department applied for (if applicable).

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions relating to relative previous experience and qualifications. A few questions such as "Describe a time that you received memorably good customer service," and "Describe a time that you received memorably poor customer service," etc.   Answer Question

Advanced Repair Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Geek Squad.

Interview

Applied and was interviewed in the same week. Got a call later the same day asking for specific days to always be available. Normally they hire from the inside, but I had an employee referral.

Interview Questions

• How have you resolved a conflict between yourself and another employee?   Answer Question

Advanced Repair Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Geek Squad.

Interview

As far as I know, all positions at Geek Squad start with a 1 on 1 interview with the Geek Squad manager at whatever store you are applying for. In my case, I did not have any technical questions, however it is possible. Then after you are accepted, you have to interview with the general manager. The second interview is just for procedure; they ask you simple ethics questions. Overall, it doesn't seem like they focus on what IT knowledge you know. They figure out if you are a good fit for the team and are willing to learn. I came in knowing a fair share, however since my time working there I know a ton more. Embrace their culture and be yourself in the interview, if the manager likes you you're hired.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging technical challenge you faced, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a client yelling at you?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience in computer repair?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Geek Squad (New York, NY).

Interview

Questions were based on what kind of experience I had. Could I handle power tools? The job requires more than mounting tvs. Troubleshooting equipment. TV repair. General knowledge on tvs and equipment such as a receiver, speakers, surround sound.

Interview Questions

• Could I handle power tools   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Lexington, KY) in December 2016.

Interview

Received phone call with initial phone interview on Sunday. Had first interview on Thursday. Interview seemed to go well, was promised third interview with GM and was introduced to him. Got an email on Tuesday I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a positive and negative thing about the team you worked with at your previous job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Santa Rosa, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

What seemed like it was going to be a short process turned into a 2-month process... HR seems to have got behind during the holidays. I was hired in November however I didn't get my employee number until January.

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Geek Squad (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple interview with very few technical questions. Just make sure you brush up on simple interview questions and show up dressed nice and it will almost guarantee you the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever witnessed something at a previous job that caused a moral dilemma and what did you do?   Answer Question

Fulfillment Covert Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

dialed into a conference and interviewed with 2 people from the management team. both had extensive experience and were once in the role I was interviewing for. One wrote and took notes while the other asked majority of the questions. Interview lasted 30 minutes and there were a lot of "tell me about a time...." questions BE PREPARED and quick on your feet. I interviewed from my home due to the position being an at home position.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time that you helped a customer who had little to no technical knowledge and how you helped them and how do you know that your suggestion worked ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Burbank, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

i was already working in the company, i decided to apply for the ara position since i was more than qualified, didnt get it the first time, was offered the position later.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer