Geek Squad Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Geek Squad Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Geek Squad.

Interview

Applied and was interviewed in the same week. Got a call later the same day asking for specific days to always be available. Normally they hire from the inside, but I had an employee referral.

Interview Questions

• How have you resolved a conflict between yourself and another employee?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Geek Squad.

Interview

As far as I know, all positions at Geek Squad start with a 1 on 1 interview with the Geek Squad manager at whatever store you are applying for. In my case, I did not have any technical questions, however it is possible. Then after you are accepted, you have to interview with the general manager. The second interview is just for procedure; they ask you simple ethics questions. Overall, it doesn't seem like they focus on what IT knowledge you know. They figure out if you are a good fit for the team and are willing to learn. I came in knowing a fair share, however since my time working there I know a ton more. Embrace their culture and be yourself in the interview, if the manager likes you you're hired.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging technical challenge you faced, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a client yelling at you?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience in computer repair?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Geek Squad (New York, NY).

Interview

Questions were based on what kind of experience I had. Could I handle power tools? The job requires more than mounting tvs. Troubleshooting equipment. TV repair. General knowledge on tvs and equipment such as a receiver, speakers, surround sound.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Lexington, KY) in December 2016.

Interview

Received phone call with initial phone interview on Sunday. Had first interview on Thursday. Interview seemed to go well, was promised third interview with GM and was introduced to him. Got an email on Tuesday I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a positive and negative thing about the team you worked with at your previous job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Santa Rosa, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

What seemed like it was going to be a short process turned into a 2-month process... HR seems to have got behind during the holidays. I was hired in November however I didn't get my employee number until January.

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Geek Squad (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple interview with very few technical questions. Just make sure you brush up on simple interview questions and show up dressed nice and it will almost guarantee you the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever witnessed something at a previous job that caused a moral dilemma and what did you do?   Answer Question

Fulfillment Covert Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

dialed into a conference and interviewed with 2 people from the management team. both had extensive experience and were once in the role I was interviewing for. One wrote and took notes while the other asked majority of the questions. Interview lasted 30 minutes and there were a lot of "tell me about a time...." questions BE PREPARED and quick on your feet. I interviewed from my home due to the position being an at home position.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time that you helped a customer who had little to no technical knowledge and how you helped them and how do you know that your suggestion worked ?   1 Answer

Consultation Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Geek Squad.

Interview

Standard two-part interview. First interview was with Geek Squad manager & supervisor, the second one was with store GM. Was told a timeframe (~ 1 week) I would get a response within after 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the different parts of a computer to a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Burbank, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

i was already working in the company, i decided to apply for the ara position since i was more than qualified, didnt get it the first time, was offered the position later.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Consultant Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Northridge, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and week later received a phone call asking a few questions, such as my availability and what other positions i'd be interested in. during that phone call i scheduled my one on one interview in person. It was a fairly quick interview. I arrived fifteen minutes early but the interviewer was running late, so I had to wait about 30 minutes before being interviewed. They led me to the small security office because the interview room was occupied. It was a simple interview, they would select a few questions from a paper and write down your responses.

Interview Questions

• What questions would you ask a customer to see how comfortable they are with technology and to figure out what problem they are having.   1 Answer