Geek Squad Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Geek Squad Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Geek Squad in May 2016.

Interview

I worked as a CA prior to this so my interview was pretty easy. When applying for the CA position before having worked in the store it felt pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond to help your team?   Answer Question
    • How well do you work in a team?   Answer Question
    • When you don't know the answer to something what would you do to find a solution?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Marietta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was given a phone interview followed by an in store interview with Geek Squad Supervisor then an interview with the General manager. I was hired and put on E learnings

Interview Questions

• How would you speak to a customer who came with a black screen?   2 Answers

PC Double Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

The entire interview was 3 step process. It all happened fairly quick, and rather enjoyable. The beginning was a simple phone call that didn't register as an actual phone interview but until I was informed on the second interview, that I did well on the first. Ha. As for the second, it was a one on one with the manager who asked questions pertaining to skills and professional history. The third interview was with the GM and another manager who want to get a feel for you as company culture is an important aspect of Geek Squad. The entire process took approximately two weeks with an offer being extended within the next couple of days if I remember.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the ideal candidate for this position?

What led to your decision to apply for this role?

What would you do in scenario xyz?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Their was a little wiggle room to negotiate for salary, if you know what you're worth and prove it in a well mannered fashion, youll up your salary but overall their pay range is far. They focus on retaining talent and are more then happy to assist you with moving up internally. Really supportive of job growth.

Advanced Repair Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Geek Squad (New York, NY).

Interview

Went in to interview with one of the Geek Squad managers, got a call about 3 weeks later saying they'd like me in for a 2nd interview so did a short and simple interview with another manger. If you make it to the 2nd interview, the odds are probably in your favor.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Name a time that you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Glen Allen, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

The first interview was simple, it was on the phone and they wanted to know your strengths and weaknesses, things like that. Then the second interview was with the Geek Squad Manager, where he asked base questions from an interview packet. Took them a little over a week to call me back in for the interview with the General Manager. This interview was more about asset protection and the manager getting to know you as a person. Best interview process I've ever went through. However, the position I had applied for was already filled, so they offered me to work for Best Buy as a Multi-Channel Sales Associate.

Interview Questions

• What do you think should happen to someone stealing from the store?   2 Answers

Negotiation

They sent me an offer letter via email, and if you had any questions, you could call or email them back to negotiate. However, in my case, I was happy with the offer terms.

Operations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairview Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Fairview Heights, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was two part. First you talk with the geek squad lead and if you interview well they will give you a call back for the second interview. The second interview will have you with the Best Buy stores General Manager to see if you are a fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• What keeps customers coming back to Best Buy when there are so many other stores that carry the same product?   1 Answer

Geek Squad CIA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prattville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Prattville, AL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was laid-back. The expected questions were asked, such as questions on past employment, customer service, problem solving, customer confrontation, etc. Overall, it was a great interview, they interviewed me the same way, if not better than I would have myself. The management was nice and was very competent.

Interview Questions

• If you needed an answer to a question that a client / customer asked you, how would you go about providing the answer?   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Geek Squad.

Interview

Disorganized slow and very confusing the entire process was not effeicient. Everyone should be fired and or resign and have a permenent ban from ever working here. this used to be a great place to work now its the worse place to ever work sadly

Advanced Repair Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holyoke, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Holyoke, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted 1 month after I applied. Two interviews, one with the store manager and one with the general manager. At least in my experience, the store manager I had met with was very easy to speak with. Asked me the general questions of "Describe a time when (Insert situation)". Then a few technical questions which if you really are ready for an entry level IT job you will definitely know. Interview took about 45 minutes. The GM interview was odd. He seemed a little uninterested, but he just seemed to be busy. He asked me some odd questions but nothing you had to think to answer. It was common sense, things like "How do you feel about employee theft" and "What's your ideal manager". He then went over pay (which was a bit lower than i expected) and explained that they review your pay annually. Whole thing took no more than 10 minutes. Signed my soul away on the dotted line and that was it. I'm assuming that if you get to the actual GM interview you already have the job. Overall a very smooth process (If you don't count the fact I had to wait 90 minutes after the scheduled interview time to get seen because the manager was busy with other interviews.)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to troubleshoot a problem, and what steps did you take to fix it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to deal with an irate customer?   Answer Question
    • A customer brings in a laptop, and they say the screen wont turn on. You verify there is power, and you even plug in an HDMI cable to an external monitor but THAT screen is black too. What do you think the problem is?   1 Answer
    • A customer brings in a laptop and says every time he starts it up it keeps giving him "No operating system found". You verify the obvious BIOS boot order problem and the HDD is in fact in the correct order. Lets even say that we are positive there IS an operating system on the HDD. What do you think the problem is?   2 Answers

Consultation Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Geek Squad in January 2016.

Interview

I had a job in Best Buy's mobile department, so I applied for the CA position from within the company and that made it easier. The Interview was pretty straight forward, lots of retail type questions and talking about who Geek Squad is, the culture within it, and what my role would be as a CA.