Geisinger Health System Interview Questions in Danville, PA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

3.1

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Geisinger Health System (Danville, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was smooth and easy. The interviews were great, and after accepting the hiring offer the human resources department made it so easy to fill out paperwork and transition.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Geisinger Health System (Danville, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

On-site interview: 2 meetings: 1st meeting- 1/2 hour meeting with Director and Manager. 2nd meeting- 1/2 hour meeting with Analysts. Expansion of project scope and outcome for current project. Behavioral and Technical questions in relation to the position responsibilities.

Bioinformatics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Geisinger Health System (Danville, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a 3-hour interview and I was interviewed individually by 7 members of the team.All of them were were nice. They made me feel very comfortable. I did not even realize that my interview went on for so long. The questions were fairly technical and were based on prior work experience as well as academic research experience.

Interview Questions

• SQL basics, PCA, Machine learning techniques and my experience using these techniques   Answer Question

Chaplain-Resident Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danville, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Geisinger Health System (Danville, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

Along with the ACPE application, expect a day-long multi-person interview where you'll have lot's of opportunities to ask questions. You will meet most of the current staff, including current residents. There will be several rounds of interviews throughout the day. Hiring involves a state police background check with fingerprinting and child abuse clearances. Your references will be contacted.

Interview Questions

• Not unexpected, just difficult: why residency here now?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, but I live in the area. Those from outside the area have negotiated housing assistance / arrangements.

Chaplain Resident Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danville, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Geisinger Health System (Danville, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

The process began with an ACPE application, essay, and references, followed by an initial interview, second interview and tour of the facility. The tour with several different people also factors into the decision-making even though it isn't officially a formal interview. Overall it is structured very well with lots of opportunities to ask questions and dig into the specifics of the program. Your willingness to ask meaningful questions and share your observations is noticed.

Interview Questions

• Why residency now? A tiny little question opening up an enormous swath of my life.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because the offer fit my needs.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danville, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Geisinger Health System (Danville, PA) in December 2012.

Interview

I should have known from the beginning that it was going to be horrible when 2 of the folks interviewing me were tag-teaming telling me how awful the department was.

Interview Questions

• I dont recall specifically because they were too busy telling me how bad it was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Geisinger Health System (Danville, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

I met with team leader, department lead, operation manager and director of department. They were individual interviews. Job duties were discussed I asked questions were they saw department in 5 years etc . I was given a tour of department. I was then offered job and went for background checks. I was transferring fir Geisinger Health Plan so I was already in the system.

Interview Questions

• Went over hours of clinic and how sometimes you work overtime. They didn't pay for overtime so if I stayed late, the following morning I was instructed to come in late so they didn't need to pay overtime for there department. In reality then I was only getting paid regular time .   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had to take s pay cut for the position. Department team lead said she called to H R to get more. No more was offered ,later I had friends who transferred and they also had a pay cut but not as much there team lead fought to get them more .

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Geisinger Health System (Danville, PA) in July 2012.

Interview

It was very professional with my hiring manager and department but it took very long from when I was first contacted for an interview to when I actually started - 3 months or longer. HR/recruiting was not very helpful. In fact, my application online was originally rejected until I got in touch with my hiring manager separately.

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Geisinger Health System (Danville, PA) in May 2011.

Interview

Flew my wife and I up from florida. Picked us up in a limousine at the airport. Had a welcome basket awaiting us in our hotel room. Free breakfast in the hotel. Realtor took my wife house hunting while i was in the interview where I met head of nursing, director of the department as well as the medical director of the hospital. Very friendly and completely un-intimidating. felt like they really wanted to start a relationship.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do critical care medicine as a PA   1 Answer

Staff Physician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danville, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Geisinger Health System (Danville, PA) in January 2010.

Interview

sent my CV, they paid for flight, rental car, hotel; detailed itinerary with interviews the physicians in the department, as well as the managers; breakfast, lunch and dinner were incorporated into the interview; wife got a tour of the area with real estate agent; wife also had lunch with the wife of one of the physicians; they also try to find a job for the spouse since there are no other major employers

Interview Questions

• Why come to Geisinger to work?   1 Answer
    • What ties do you have to central Pennsylvannia?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No. Would ask for a sign on bonus; also would ask that the incentive portion of the salary be given immediately instead of after a year