Geisinger Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Geisinger Health System Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2017

2.6

Resident Interview

Interview

Relaxed environment for me and the other applicants. They take you to a good restaurant and you can order whatever food you want the night before. Day of was relaxed talked to 3 interviewers about my life goals.

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Geisinger Health System (State College, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for a job through their website. After a few days, I received an email stating that they wanted to schedule a PHONE interview with me. They sent me a link in that email and I chose the day and the time. The interview was supposed to last around 30 minutes, but we were done after 10 minutes. I asked for feedback to the interviewer and she said that my answers were good. She also said that I should hear back from them in about a week. 3 weeks have past already and still nothing.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Geisinger Health System.

Interview

Fairly brief, a quick tour of the facility. Disorganized when I walked in to the office. Waited about 10 minutes or so till I was met with a second person to interview and take a basic skills test. Generic questions, atmosphere appeared friendly at the time.

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Geisinger Health System.

Interview

Right now they are hiring nurses like crazy since they want safer nurse-patient ratios. They were very polite and emphasized patient safety a few times during the interview. They also talked about evidence based practice and education.

Grants Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Geisinger Health System (Danville, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Met with another employee and the person who would have been my direct superior. Was asked very basic interview questions nothing very complicated or technical. I applied about a week prior to getting notified that I was to come in and interview for the position. After the interview which seemed to go well I was told I would hear back in a week, but never did.

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Geisinger Health System (Scranton, PA).

Interview

The interview process is straight forward and professional. On the day of the interview you are given a tour and introduced to most, if not all, staff members in the office. Interview takes 30mins to an hour.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camp Hill, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Geisinger Health System (Camp Hill, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted to interview within 1 month of submitting application. Interview scheduled within 1 week of being contacted to interview. Interviewed by 2 interviewers. Very nice people. Very professional. Very good interview

Registered Nurse, Emergency Room Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes Barre, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Geisinger Health System (Wilkes Barre, PA).

Interview

As an experienced/extremely well qualified candidate applying to a massive department in the midst of a huge and perpetual staffing shortage, I was amazed that I had to apply 7-8 times over the span of an entire year to get a call back. When I finally did get an interview, it was only because a friend that worked at the hospital mentioned me to the hiring manager. That manager later mentioned never having seen any of my many prior applications.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview drivel. Tell me your biggest strength/weakness, why do you want to work here, where do you see yourself in five years, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations; Pay per union contract steps.

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Geisinger Health System (Danville, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was smooth and easy. The interviews were great, and after accepting the hiring offer the human resources department made it so easy to fill out paperwork and transition.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Geisinger Health System in April 2016.

Interview

I got a phone call from one of the principal investigators asking me questions about my research experiences, relevant work experiences and long-term goals. After one week, they arranged a skype interview, with one hiring manager describing the specific duties of the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your long-term goal?   1 Answer