Geisinger Health System Interview Questions in Wilkes-Barre, PA | Glassdoor

2.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Patient Transporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Geisinger Health System (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an interview a few days later. Interview was very relaxed and comfortable and only took about 30 minutes. Experience was not required. I received an offer within 2 weeks from HR with b prayers information. Needed to complete drug tests (they don't hire smokers) and background check before official hire letter is received and orientation.

Pharmacy Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Geisinger Health System (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was short, sweet, and to the point. The interviewer had very few questions. Instead, they offered a lot of insight into the company and its operations and policies. If they are interested in hiring you, they will come to you for the interview if you can't make it to them. My interview was actually at at a restaurant after regular business hours. The only thing they aren't too open about during the interview is the compensation and benefits.

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Geisinger Health System (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was the manager and supervisor who interviewed me. they asked a few questions about my availability to work and skill level. It simple and quick. Hiring process is about 6 weeks. Friendly personality is always a plus. You have to be patient oriented and kind, gentle and understanding

Interview Questions

• Do I mind working different areas every day? Do I mind Traveling? Do you have a relable vehicle   Answer Question
    • How many years experience do I have?   Answer Question

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Geisinger Health System (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

First, you need to submit an application through the online portal
    Next, you will be contacted by a recruiter if they feel you are a fit for the position
    The first interview is with an HR recruiter who will provide general information regarding the position and the company and find out a little more about you.
    The second interview was a half day interview with various individuals including regional management and department physicians asking more in depth questions about your qualifications, why you are interested in the job, and why you would be the best fit and best person for the position.
    If an offer is made, the same HR recruiter will call you with the offer and a start date should you accept.

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Geisinger Health System (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

The hiring process consists of filling out your online profile through their specific career center online or through a hiring agency. Don't get discouraged it takes weeks to months for this process of reviewing all applicants. Then you may receive a phone call which in my case was a first interview. Then you go to a second interview if offered at the hospital and unknown to me it was a panel interview so be prepared for the likelihood of that occurrence.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of this process is being myself when responding but not wanting to come off the wrong way. The question as to why you would be good at this particular job, or where do you see yourself in the next five years. My honest answer and what I would hope for would be working for this particular company and just being informed and working my way up salary and other wise.   1 Answer

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Geisinger Health System (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in June 2010.

Interview

the credentialing took a long time once competed was pretty straight forward a lot of phone calls and get together with administrators, MD, nursing staff. Very rigorous background check, need a toxicology screen which is appropriate.
    Interviewers were friendly. Questions were related to previous experience, testing your knowledge on a subject.
    Interview took several phases. Once completed had a feedback from managers. Overall a good, rigorous process

Interview Questions

• what are your expectations of this position   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted was better choice for me