Gelato Interview Questions in Oslo, Norway | Glassdoor

Interviews at Gelato

2.9

SEO Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gelato (Oslo (Norway)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was a horrible experience. There was a Dutch person there ridiculing my experience trough the whole interview. I perceived this to be very unprofessional and very unbecoming of a company like Gelato. This kind of arrogance and unkindness makes me want to warn any person against going to Gelato. I really hope for Gelatos sake that this person is not working there anymore.

Interview Questions

• About my competence and education   1 Answer

Gelato Response

Jul 9, 2018 – Recruitment & HR Coordinator

Hi, we are a rapidly growing company trying to hire fast while also ensuring a thorough process and great experience for every candidate.
    Given the pace we are growing, we don’t always succeed and... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gelato (Oslo (Norway)).

Interview

There were some tests followed by offsite interviews by phone and skype, followed by interviews in Oslo, with the relevant team. As I applied for head of business development, I was interviewed by CMO, Specific product owner, HR and finally the founder/CEO. It looks like the process is similar for all roles as I see similar process listed for other interviews as well at Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• As some other person posted here interviewers were pretending to be tough which was quite funny. They some how want to get to a point where you feel discomfortable. After I have met with Product owner, CMO and HR person, they decided to get me meet with CEO. I must say he is the most arrogant idiot I have come across. I have spent about 15 mins with me, which is the most wasted time in my life. He just want to behave like he is the perfect person on the planet. And he went on for those 15 mins trying to tell me that since I am relaxed I am not interested in working there. I mean, what sort of an idiot will generalize that people should be nervous if they are interested in the job? He asked me if my parents are alive and when I said yes, he said his father passed away couple of years ago or so and thats the reason he became mature and I am immature for the same reason. I mean common!!! Since I went from a different location to Norway I quitely left it, had it been in sweden I would have taken this up with the union as he was quite offending in the interview   5 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gelato (Oslo (Norway)) in January 2016.

Interview

The selection process was fine and respectful until the stage of the personal interviews in Oslo. Astonishing, annoying and extremely disrespectful are just a few adjectives that I can use to describe the personal interviews. I arrived to Gelato Group headquarters like 5 minutes ahead of the scheduled time to start the interview. I checked in as instructed but the first interviewer came to pick me up 10 minutes later. He asked why I was late for the interview ... (what?) I showed him the badge that clearly proved that I had checked in 5 minutes prior to the start of the interview. I was not late, he came to pick me up 5 minutes after we should have started... He then asked about the hotel where I had stayed in Oslo. I gave him the name and he answered that it was "a crappy cheap hotel" ... (what??) Gelato Group chose, booked and paid for the hotel! (Is this a joke? Is there a hidden camera?) To start the interview he asked if I knew his CV ... I had not been informed about who would interview me so that's what I answered. He breathed deeply in a very rude way and started to describe his spotless professional career, asking if I agreed that he was a great professional .... (what???) At certain point we start speaking about INSEAD, the business school where he got his MBA. With great disdain he says that of course an Ivy League alumni as me probably ignores such a great business school (INSEAD) because Americans think that only Ivy League schools are worthy.... (what????) I'm in shock at this point. After 30 minutes speaking about his CV, he then says that we should start speaking about mine... He grabs it, looks at it with disdain and says that I have a too good CV therefore I must be a crappy professional with great writing skills... (what?????) At this point I decide that this is not a place worth my work or time. I gave him a few details about my CV and we finish the interview. I later interviewed with two other interviewers and I made clear that this was a two-way interview. It was not Gelato checking if they wanted to hire me. I was also checking if this was a place where I wanted to work. They clearly didn't like it... They think that Gelato is "the best place to work in the world". How I dare to say that I am also interviewing them and thinking if I want to work for them or not ... Anyway, the last interviewer was also quite rude and treated me with great disdain. I can only save here the CMO who was a correct professional. I honestly wonder why he works with such a team... Avoid this company by all means. The whole interview is about how great they are individually, and how great it is working for Gelato for those who are very smart as they are, and how disruptive the business model is although it can change from one day to another depending on the mood of the CEO and founder ... They keep saying that they have interviewed thousands of candidates for this position and that they are proud about it. Ridiculous ...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gelato (Oslo (Norway)).

Interview

I applied online directly on the website.

After a first, pleasant, phone call, I went through a written test. After receiving positive feedback on that, I was invited to Oslo for a final interview.

I met in person the phone interviewer and this time it was just ok, but not bad overall. After a chat with the recruiter, I met with the CEO, who initially struck me as cool and interesting, but then suddenly dragged the conversation into uncomfortable territory.

Right after the meeting, I called my wife, telling her that we weren't moving to Oslo; regardless of their feedback, I would have rejected any offers. After one week, the recruiter emailed me, stating that there was no cultural fit.

I have to agree.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gelato (Oslo (Norway)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process consists of three parts - tests, Skype interview and several interviews face-to-face in HQ in Oslo. Totally I had a chance to communicate with eight employees of Gelato. It was really great experience to be have opportunity to talk to representatives of several branches(Tech, Finance, Marketing, CEO and etc.), to ask your questions and to understand that it is place you want to work for.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest achievement?
      What question do you want to be asked?
      How do you work on your self-education?   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gelato (Oslo (Norway)) in April 2017.

Interview

Skype interview, then in person meeting with four of the team. The team member whose core area was not comms asked situational questions. Others focused on their subject area.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most challenging feedback you have received and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Country Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Gelato (Oslo (Norway)) in May 2017.

Interview

I randomly got to know Gelato through a headhunter, and kicked off the process mostly out of curiosity as well as the the expectation of end-to-end role as a country manager.
    The whole interview process is composed of two rounds: first round, which is conducted locally, and final round, in Oslo.
    First round: a couple of phone/skype/face-to-face interviews (locally) with a right mix of people (global expansion head via skype, on-site pre-launch task force via ) to make preliminary assessments. The interview questions were quite textbook style and easy to anticipate, including CV, experience, motive related questions. One thing worth mentioning is all interviewers were quite humble and willing to share to help you understand the nature of business, the culture, the role and the aspiration of the company, which by the way made the opportunity and the company more attractive.
    Second round: 6 face-to-face interviews were scheduled within one day in Oslo and conducted smoothly, a couple of points to make:
    1. the arrangements were made quite efficiently and reflects attention to impact: 2 days before interview, when the head of global expansion (who actually is quite senior) realized some of my interviewers may not be able to conduct interviews, he took the initiative to re-arrange interviewers schedule and set logistics right, to make sure most important/relevant people got to meet me in person, which including flying 2 people in just to meet me at the airport. Eventually I have met everyone, and I believe without such arrangements the Oslo trip would not be as meaningful as it is now.
    2. not sure it is a good thing or a bad thing, all interviews were conducted in a very similar style - helping interviewer to know you in a friendly setting, except the 2 with the interviewer I have already met, which went into deeper level and more adapted to the particular situation. The good part of that is it makes the whole process really two-way evaluation and you get to know everyone of the company within the interview processes (no masks); well, the down side I suppose is probably Gelato may not get the 360 of the interviewee if he/she prepares him/herself well enough. So I'd suggest Gelato to have pre-interview meeting to define every interviewer's role throughout the process.
    3. the founder, who has made the interview experience very unique, by the questions he asked and the philosophy he shares. He kept using the analogy of climbing Everest to explain his philosophy of running a startup as well as the character he values; he asked questions which sometimes made you wonder what info he wanted to extract from your answer (e.g. what in you is your parents most proud of).
    In conclusion, the whole interview process was quite pleasant and interesting, it made me understand what they are really doing, believe in the belief they have, and also, which normally you cannot get from interviews, the downside/constraint if you join them. I hope all of my experience is consistent with others, not because of the importance of my role or the seniority of the people I met to make my case an outlier.

Interview Questions

• how do you make your country's balance sheet positive?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gelato (Oslo (Norway)) in November 2015.

Interview

Round 1 is an IQ and Personality Test, Round 2 is a series of 2 skype interviews, Round 3 is an additional personality test. Round 4 you're invited to Oslo to have a number of interviews with the team and with the founder possibly. All in all everyone is nice enough and tries to be tough and live up to the reputation of a difficult interview process.

The real problem, in my perspective, is the founder, which leads me to a negative rating. He has an horrible personality and there was no real fit between myself and his personality, which seemed to be the cause of the rejection. I left Oslo with my mind set that, even if I had been given an offer I would reject it just because of his personality.

Interview Questions

• After talking with everyone, what was the question that you messed up today?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gelato (Oslo (Norway)) in January 2016.

Interview

1 screening interview, 3 interviews with managers and last interview on site. The team was using the same questions just in their context. It is an ambitious team so you should show that in your interview. They have big goals and like to work a lot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Do you like your culture?
      Have you tried our products?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gelato (Oslo (Norway)) in December 2017.

Interview

Total of 9 interviews (half of them over Skype).

They invite the candidate to Oslo for the final series of interviews.

I like how honest, open and welcoming everybody were. Even though we were not a match, I like this company.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer