Gemalto Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

2.9

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was a straight forward Java full stack developer type of conversation. The interviewer asked about my experience and then followed up with some technical question. I was fairly confident I answered them all correctly. After the technical test, it led to me just asking him questions about the development team, methodologies, work-life balance...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gemalto

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview and follow by face-to-face interview with project leader and manager. And lastly with HR representative. During face-to-face interview, was asked to complete a test of about 30 questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gemalto.

Interview

written test which comprises of aptitude .....basic c....and operating system.....followed by technical interview. the interview consists of basic programming questions...... Interview was pretty laid back with a technical.Basics of c++. Algorithms: Merge sort. Selection sort. Time complexity. Space complexity.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gemalto (Makati City (Philippines)) in February 2017.

Interview

The process was straightforward and brief. There is a Technical exam and after that, the next step if you passed the exam is the panel technical interview with the team leaders. The last is the HR interview with the HR executive and if you passed that you will proceed to the Job offer. All done in a day.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose (Insert Course Here)? (HR)
      Describe your thesis and your role. (Technical)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1 Technical Written Test of 1 Hour(Java+EJB+Maven+Spring+Rest API) +2 Java Technical Round (Core Java,Threading,Struts,Spring,Maven,Junit,Restful API,About Project )+1 Director Round (Basic Question)+ 1 HR Round (Salary Discussion), This all take 2 day process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gemalto (Noida (India)).

Interview

the interview process is easy, but difficulty is high, as expected. They ask puzzles, ask you to code or write SQL queries. They don't focus on algorithms much. Most important factor is if you can fit in their environment.

Interview Questions

• what was the worst problem you stuck to, and how did you solve that technical problem?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gemalto (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2016.

Interview

At first, I was called by an HR representative and asked details of my work experience.
    Then, I was scheduled for a technical interview. The technical interview included technical exam that lasted for 30 mis.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gemalto (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Experience was Quiet good, first was a written round consist 100 question. 50- 50 two sets..
    topic was covered completely from each segments. further was a interview round F2F focused on c/c++. project was a add on that.all about basic stuff.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gemalto.

Interview

Small written Test, Followed by a small technical Interview,
    Then finally a HR interview. After HR interview, you will have salary negotiation round. Then the offer is made on the same day. The HR might prompt you to sign on the very same day.

Interview Questions

• Basics on number system conversion, memory handling in C, Few Aptitude questions. Then in the technical one to one interview, you will be tested on your skillset / prev work experience   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gemalto (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2015.

Interview

1 hour 15 minutes - technical written test. 60++ questions(2 department question)
    Questions: HEX to decimal conversion, swap of 2 variable without 3rd variable, probability question, those questions like there are 6 people sit around table, who don't want sit with who and who must sit next to who, java object and class understanding and syntax analysis and expected compile/runtime error, brain teaser question, english grammar, paragraph reading. There are easy and difficult question for me. But most importantly bring a calculator,remain calm and be creative.
    3 hours - another 4 interview consist of embedded team, project leader of secured transaction team, manager of secured transaction team, and lastly HR hiring manager.

The interviewer are friendly and fun. Asked on project ever done, why leaving last company and etc. I couldn't recall much but basically is sharing of knowledge. They explained what they doing and what each team doing. Didn't ask my technical skill, I guess we are too keen in chatting. :)
    They are very considerate by arrange all interview in one day after knowing I travel all the way from Malaysia.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary offered is good enough!