Gemological Institute of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gemological Institute of America Interview Questions

Interviews at Gemological Institute of America

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Gemological Institute of America (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Gorgeous new facilities. Give yourself an extra 15 minutes to arrive because getting through security can take some time as a guest. I interviewed for 2 different positions. The first interview was as a photographer; while it was a laid back meeting, the interviewer did not come across as a true professional and didn't even look at my portfolio. It was obvious I wasn't getting the position. 2nd interview (same day) to work in the labs with those staff was a much more standard experience with businesslike attitudes and concise, clear discussion. You must sign an agreement that you do not sell and are not a manufacturer of goods containing gems, etc in order to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested, what experience, do you understand the pay is low (entry level). Standard questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Gemological Institute of America (Carlsbad, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

the interview was long and diferents step ,first by phone ,latter in person and then drug test and background check but the most important thing i get the job

Interview Questions

• it was very random question very teqnical and complicated but the person who interview me help me to understand the question   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gemological Institute of America (Carlsbad, CA).

Interview

At the time managers were friendly, and the process was easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

back in 2003 it was a pretty simple process, don't know what it is like these days.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gemological Institute of America (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was very easy going and smooth. I was asked general questions about my previous experiences in this field and some general stuff about my education and skills in this field.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Do you have experience in the job you are applying to?
      How do you get along with people?   Answer Question

Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gemological Institute of America (Carlsbad, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Very Detailed and In-depth. The team is very personable and professional. Started with a phone screen, then communications with various departments. All in all very well planned and insightful

Interview Questions

• Not really a standard interview very dialog driven.   2 Answers

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gemological Institute of America.

Interview

I had two interviews. One by the HR manager and the other by current CIO. Both interviews were very high-handed, self-serving and arrogant.

HR manager 'Screening' interview was very detailed, brisk and terse 44-minute interview. It could have easily passed for an actual job interview.

The in-person was a panel interview, mainly run by the leader who was the CIO. Again very brisk, self-serving and arrogant. Questions were aggressive and rapid fire. Felt like a master-slave interrogation. There was no mutual sharing or exchange of ideas. The narrative of his plans kept shifting. He was pumping me for more information about PM methodologies, without having paid or hired me. (Currently there as no PMO at the company)

He seemed devoid of morale and knowledge of people management.

The interviewer also made some false statements about the job and company, that would fall into misrepresentations.

The company works hard to hide innards, seems to follow lifeless precision outside the lab and does not exhibit warmth in interactions.

Interview Questions

• What brought you here? What are you looking for?   1 Answer

IT Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gemological Institute of America (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone screening interview with a manager who I've heard is no longer there. Very long pauses as the manager transcribed responses. Very standard, stilted questions. Very little follow up to my answers. The interviewer was polite and respectful. I received no response to my thank you note. It was then over 2 months before I got a system generated letter telling me I didn't get the job.

Rather Not Say Interview

Interview

Okay, job not what was advertised. Clueless management about what it really is like working with the manager. When interviewing stop the fake sweetness and say I am a micromanager from the Lab and expect you to be a robot.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions not related to working with a micro managing boss.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really a negotiation. Salaries are way below market.

Diamond Grader Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gemological Institute of America (New York, NY).

Interview

It was easy and the interviewers were welcoming. All questions were expected besides they explained about the organization and how it operates very well. It was transparency from beginning to the end.

Diamond Grader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gemological Institute of America (Carlsbad, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

began with a video interview. the video interview gives you the chance to answer the questions multiple times until you are satisfied. The second interview is on site. The interview begins with a presentation of the job, then I met with two different individuals separately. The third interview you are asked to grade a diamond.