Genentech Associate Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2017

3.7

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was an 8 hours onsite interview. I met with 10 senior scientist and Directors associate directors from different division, each took 30 minutes. There was a 1 hr seminar, where they check your communication skill and scientific excellence.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Genentech

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied through recruiter
    One weeks later, received phone call and scheduled a phone interview
    The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes, and he mostly asked my past work experience listed on my resume
    After 1 month, received a call to scheduled a onsite interview

Interview Questions

• Q: Can you tell me about yourself regarding your work experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Was referred by a current employee. Phone screen, informal interview in person, formal interview (all day). The final interview was >8 hours.

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview and onsite interview with 4-5 employees (directors and scientists). A wide variety of questions regarding background and knowledge of literature search and critical evaluation, personality type and how you'd fit in a team, how you handle stress and balance multi-tasking, examples of your creative ability, and short/long term goals.

Interview Questions

• When you worked with someone you didn't get along with or disliked and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

several days. negotiation should be done delicately and with recognition that this is a great company to work for and many opportunities beyond monetary compensation.

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Had several contact with Genentech personnel prior to invitation for interview. the interview (3 total) consisted on several one on one interviews, pannel discussion interviews, presentation, and a group lunch and dinner interview. Overall most of the conversations kept to science and background questions. But also has significant number of questions on why Genentech and what my motivation for science/research is. They value them selves as a Acedemic based organization and ask a lot of questions on why you would be a good fit there.

Interview Questions

• I know you know a lot about your research, but why don't you tell me about "X's" research project, findings, and significance.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Relocation, Salary, temporary housing, and home assistance.

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone screen by hiring manager followed by a full day onsite interview. Mostly technical questions related to previous experiences. Some behavior questions from higher management. Brain teaser from individuals who wants to see how smart you are.

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Typically, an interviewee will be interviewed over two days and will be required to give a seminar. Each 1:1 will be with a Scientist, Senior Scientist of Director.

Interview Questions

• You will be asked about the current standard of care and how you might be able to fulfill an unmet medical need.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Genentech in June 2007.

Interview

It was intense. The whole process consisted of a phone interview, a half day site visit to meet the group and finally a 2 day long interview which was a presentation and 25 different 1:1 interviews. They make sure that the person they are hiring is good and compatible with everybody.

Interview Questions

• When you anticipate not meeting a deadline for your customer, what action do you take.   1 Answer

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech in February 2012.

Interview

Asked generic questions with the answers located on resume.