Genentech Bioprocess Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Genentech Bioprocess Technician Interview Questions

Interviews at Genentech

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Genentech (Vacaville, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

My resume was sent through a staffing agency. Got called for an on site interview.There were two other candidates waiting. Basically, the on site interview consist a total of four interviews with supervisors and lab technicians, 30 minute each. A lot of behavioral questions were asked and a few technical questions.It's been more than a week and have not heard back from them. In personally thought the questions were tough, and I actually studied and practiced.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where your group deviated from a project and what did you do   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Genentech

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Genentech (Vacaville, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

I had 4 different interviews. One was a panel consisting of 3 people in one room. Then, I was interviewed by one person from Cell Culture Manufacturing. After, I was interviewed by a supervisor from POG and finally by the supervisor from CMS. I was a little nervous because my recruiter only mentioned I was to be interviewed by one person, but I found out it would be 4 mini interviews from 7 people.

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Hiring was in 2 panels: 1 technical with other technicians and lead and the other with the supervisors. Tech panels asked technical questions and supervisors panel asked normal interview questions. The technicians were fairly nice and the questions were not too technical. However, during the later interviews for regular full time employees, the technical questions were significantly more specific.

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (Vacaville, CA).

Interview

2 rounds of interview with two to three people.
    There was food available for the candidates which was nice.
    Most of the questions were technical but nothing too challenging. This was an entry level job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was contract job so there was no negotiation.

Bioprocess Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

Spoke for 30 minutes with four different hiring managers from different departments. They were very easy going and friendly to talk to. It seems as if they wanted to know mainly how you interacted with a diverse group of employees.

Interview Questions

• Mainly personality trait questions and a basic biology question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I thought this interview was really straightforward. I had a panel of three employees. They asked the standard questions of what are your strengths/weaknesses/ where do you see yourself in five years. All behavioral questions, no technical. The atmosphere was very relaxed and casual, which definitely put me at ease as I haven't interviewed very much. Also the turn around was really quick, my interview was on a Sunday and they got back to me via recruiter the very next day.

Interview Questions

• If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive, who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Bioprocess Technician Interview

Interview

Phone interview, and then after passing that a 5-6 interview with 6 different interviewers ranging from floor technicians to managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation since it's an entry level position.

Bioprocess Technician Interview

Interview

There were a total of four interviews. One with each senior supervisor of each department and one with a panel of technicians.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Genentech (Vacaville, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Online recorded video interview mpow. Recorded interviewers would ask recorded questions. You would answer with recorded answers. Requires a computer or smart phone. Im not sure what they would do if you don't have one.

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Genentech (Vacaville, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Three separate meetings with the three department leaders and then a technical panel with representatives from HR and the departments. They really wanted to know about my experience solving mechanical problems and my related thought process. They want to know how well you can work with others. Attitude is paramount.

Interview Questions

• What is a time something [mechanical] wasn't working and how did you go about fixing it?   Answer Question