Genentech Bioprocess Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.9

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Genentech (Vacaville, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Online recorded video interview mpow. Recorded interviewers would ask recorded questions. You would answer with recorded answers. Requires a computer or smart phone. Im not sure what they would do if you don't have one.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Genentech

Bioprocess Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

It started with a Skype interview where they ask you very basic questions about yourself. I made it through to face to face interviews but it was put on hold because they lacked the necessary funding for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genentech (Vacaville, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I got a call from a staffing agency and scheduled an appointment for the next week. The interview process was a simple panel of two current technicians and one supervisor. The questions were pretty standard situational questions. The whole interview process took around 45 minutes and there were no secondary interviews. None of the questions were particularly difficult and the interview was not extremely formal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

There were 3 people that interviewed me at once. One hiring manager and two plant technicians. The interview is not bad, they asked questions about your resume and they had their own written questions about different scenarios you would face. Overall the interview went well, they were very easy to talk to and made me feel comfortable.

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I thought this interview was really straightforward. I had a panel of three employees. They asked the standard questions of what are your strengths/weaknesses/ where do you see yourself in five years. All behavioral questions, no technical. The atmosphere was very relaxed and casual, which definitely put me at ease as I haven't interviewed very much. Also the turn around was really quick, my interview was on a Sunday and they got back to me via recruiter the very next day.

Interview Questions

• If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive, who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Bioprocess Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

Spoke for 30 minutes with four different hiring managers from different departments. They were very easy going and friendly to talk to. It seems as if they wanted to know mainly how you interacted with a diverse group of employees.

Interview Questions

• Mainly personality trait questions and a basic biology question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (Vacaville, CA).

Interview

2 rounds of interview with two to three people.
    There was food available for the candidates which was nice.
    Most of the questions were technical but nothing too challenging. This was an entry level job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was contract job so there was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Genentech (Vacaville, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

My resume was sent through a staffing agency. Got called for an on site interview.There were two other candidates waiting. Basically, the on site interview consist a total of four interviews with supervisors and lab technicians, 30 minute each. A lot of behavioral questions were asked and a few technical questions.It's been more than a week and have not heard back from them. In personally thought the questions were tough, and I actually studied and practiced.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where your group deviated from a project and what did you do   Answer Question

Bioprocess Technician Interview

Interview

There were a total of four interviews. One with each senior supervisor of each department and one with a panel of technicians.

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Hiring was in 2 panels: 1 technical with other technicians and lead and the other with the supervisors. Tech panels asked technical questions and supervisors panel asked normal interview questions. The technicians were fairly nice and the questions were not too technical. However, during the later interviews for regular full time employees, the technical questions were significantly more specific.