Genentech Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Genentech Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Genentech

2.8

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

started with a phone interview to discuss skill set, problem solving and personality fit. called in for 2nd interview a week later that lasted less than an hour. not a typical situation. usually, you would speak to 3-4 team members for approx 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• what type of management style to like or work best under?   Answer Question
  • on scale of 1-10, rate your XL skills.   Answer Question
  • what's the most complicated data problem you have solved. describe how you solved it and what the result was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

didn't. job market was too scary to even suggest i was even thinking about it.

Other Interview Reviews for Genentech

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Genentech in March 2016.

Interview

Had 2 telephonic interviews: One with manager and another with Global head of the department. Received positive feedback from the first interviewer and positive from the second as well. I was told that I would have an on-site interview but later in the next week I was told that I have been selected for internship.

Interview Questions

• Asked me questions from resume and related to my previous work experience. General questions related to how to manage business processes, requirement management, RACI preparation. Difference between BRD, SRS. Difference between non-functional and functional requirements. Experience with validation tools etc. There were questions related to how to handle cross-functional communication issues. How to handle global teams and what are the key challenges working with diverse groups etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I contacted the hiring manager in LinkedIn directly, and she scheduled a call directly a week later. She asked me about my relevant experience and my skills in analysis both business and financial and after talking to the team in a week. I was told that I would be a great candidate but not now! She said she knows it sounds a bit weird, but in one year you'll be a perfect candidate as your profile is moving forward.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech in April 2017.

Interview

Unprofessional interview process. Administrative assistant sets up the interviews. Interviews went really well, standard behavioral questions. Direct onsite interviews - which was weird and raised my suspicion - am I just being interviewed so HR or recruiter can tick off their "multiple candidates interviewed?" box. They never respond to let you know if you are even rejected - I think I deserved to be informed, since I took time off and spent 6 hrs for their interviews - that is not professional, even after multiple follow up emails.

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

Long and time consuming and goes over months. It usually is with multiple people, a presentations and a group panel. They will grill you to break you, but being confident the entire time is the key.

Interview Questions

• How my values and personal goals fit it with company vision?   1 Answer