Genentech Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 3, 2017

2.8

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Interview

It was a very well-structured interview. The first round was taken in-person (1-on-1 based) about 30min and questions are generally behavioral questions. They didn't ask us any in-depth one. There's a second round in the following year which is made up of a full-day intense interview.

Interview Questions

• Q. Please share your recent leadership experience.   Answer Question
  • Q. What is your strength or weakness?   Answer Question
  • Q. How do you come up with solutions when I feel like you have no experience or no one to ask?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Genentech

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Telephonic interview -It was mainly about my resume and projects related to the position.
    Onsite interview-More details into my resume.Explain your experience with the tool. How to use a specific functions and nodes present in the tool.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

Interview went very smoothly and was very conversational. Only informal questions about my research were asked. Then the interviewer described the research project that I might be doing. Overall it was very easy.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

It was a phone interview, following another round of phone interview. Interviewer introduced herself and the team; asked me to introduce myself and some questions about my resume.

Interview Questions

• What packages did you use for your machine learning class?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genentech in February 2017.

Interview

2 weeks between each interview. I had an initial phone screen with average behavioral questions, another hangout interview with the hiring manager where I was asked more specific questions about my past experiences listed on my resume, and a final panel interview with more behavioral and technical questions pertaining to the position. Overall a pretty laid back and comfortable experience.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you faced in the past and how has it shaped you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Was contacted by the hr staff for interview with the team.
    They asked me about my experience and research background. They asked about how I conducted my studies and no behavioral questions were added.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Many phone screens took place. The recruiter asked a lot about my scientific experience, what I knew about the company, and about the specific departments that I was looking to intern for. Wanted to know my motivations for entering industry.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genentech in October 2015.

Interview

They contacted me to do a skype interview with one of their engineers. Afterwords, I had an on-campus interview with one of our alumni who works there. They asked behavioral questions and asked questions based on resume I submitted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Genentech (Baltimore, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

Interned on campus, asked technical and nontechnical questions about culture, DNA, etc, esp. proteins. Focus on content of resume and past experiences as well. Read about the company as they will ask you why you applied.

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was called in by a hiring manager's assistant and we discussed the role in detail. After the initial screening I was placed on a Webex call with the hiring manager and the assistant where I interviewed for 45 minutes.