Genentech Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Genentech Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

Interview went very smoothly and was very conversational. Only informal questions about my research were asked. Then the interviewer described the research project that I might be doing. Overall it was very easy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Genentech

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

It was a phone interview, following another round of phone interview. Interviewer introduced herself and the team; asked me to introduce myself and some questions about my resume.

Interview Questions

• What packages did you use for your machine learning class?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genentech in February 2017.

Interview

2 weeks between each interview. I had an initial phone screen with average behavioral questions, another hangout interview with the hiring manager where I was asked more specific questions about my past experiences listed on my resume, and a final panel interview with more behavioral and technical questions pertaining to the position. Overall a pretty laid back and comfortable experience.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you faced in the past and how has it shaped you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Was contacted by the hr staff for interview with the team.
    They asked me about my experience and research background. They asked about how I conducted my studies and no behavioral questions were added.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Many phone screens took place. The recruiter asked a lot about my scientific experience, what I knew about the company, and about the specific departments that I was looking to intern for. Wanted to know my motivations for entering industry.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genentech in October 2015.

Interview

They contacted me to do a skype interview with one of their engineers. Afterwords, I had an on-campus interview with one of our alumni who works there. They asked behavioral questions and asked questions based on resume I submitted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Genentech (Baltimore, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

Interned on campus, asked technical and nontechnical questions about culture, DNA, etc, esp. proteins. Focus on content of resume and past experiences as well. Read about the company as they will ask you why you applied.

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was called in by a hiring manager's assistant and we discussed the role in detail. After the initial screening I was placed on a Webex call with the hiring manager and the assistant where I interviewed for 45 minutes.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant, and what I expected as a graduate student. Contacted by email about a video interview. Interviewed a little over a week later. A couple weeks later I was offered the position after my reference was contacted. The first part of the interview involved a little bit of scientific background. What I have worked on with emphasis on the types of techniques I have used. This was followed by work environment type questions about collaborating/working independently during the internship. It ended with an explanation of the internship program, and the project I would be working on.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable asking others for help if I (the hiring manager) am not available?
      Describe how you collaborate in grad school?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

The phone interview was a neutral experience. The interviewer read out a list of behavioral questions about my past experiences, qualifications, and interest in the internship. I had applied to the job long ago, and realized that the job wasn't really a good fit to my interests.