Genentech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Genentech Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2017

3.2

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech in March 2017.

Interview

About a week and a half after applying to the job I got an email saying they would like to set up a phone interview within the next couple days. Interviewed with the Principal Researcher that I would be working under. The interview was extremely relaxed and very casual.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't many questions other than the typical "what are your strengths and weaknesses" questions. They mostly just wanted to hear about my research and previous experience.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was 30 mins Phone screen. It took one week to get an interview from the online application. There consisted of very reasonable questions to find out a good candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want Genentech? Why should I hire you over other candidates?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through a recruiting company. They scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager in a very short time. The hiring manager was really nice. He asked me a lot of behavior questions, and then went through my resume briefly (not in detail). I got the chance to have an onsite interview in the afternoon at the same day. The hiring manager and the team leader interviewed me at Genentech. They were both really nice. Half of the interview was behavior questions and experience details. The next half was to discuss the work content to see if I can ask good questions. So be prepared!

Interview Questions

• Since you are a statistic student, what can you tell me about statistics?   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

phone interview, took them three weeks to schedule an interview, and scheduled the interviews two separate days. I had to take time off from work for 2 days.

The hiring process is not helpful at all.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genentech in January 2017.

Interview

First round phone interview. Third party firm taking down every word I said. Couldn't tell if I had said enough or too much. It was very mechanic and the interviewer said she didn't know anything about the role.

Then, after 2-3 weeks, I received a rejection email.

Interactive Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was rather slow but the interviewers were very knowledgeable and nice to talk too. They asked great questions and the energy was great. However the entire interview process took very long with long gaps of interactions.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Process was pretty straight forward. With in one month of my online application, I had a phone interview with hiring manager. After one month he decided to invite me for onsite interview. It was a full day interview started with my presentation (45 minutes). They literally grilled me on all of my slides. I was very much prepared for that. I had almost like 12 rounds of interview (each 30 minutes). It was basically a sort of discussion.

It was a pretty good interview. However, at the end I was completely exhausted.

Ppp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied the position online and the 1st round was phone interview in one week after the deadline. Received the 2nd round invitation in the following week after the 1st round. Talked to 3 managers back to back in the 2nd round.

Principal Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Process went well. Although, 1st person was not ready and was reviewing my resume during the interview. I was asked very technical and behavioral questions. Although not required, I gave a 5 min presentation on background in PPT. It was much appreciated and people were impressed with my background. Interviewers knew people I've worked in the past. Hiring manager was nice at first to arrange me to come on board as contractor temporarily as process would take 2-3 months for written offer. However, hiring manager assigned me to train only while a hiring committed review my application. Manager was specific not to meet anyone. After only 2 weeks just training and without any interaction with team/peers, etc, he decided to cancel my contract and never called back. It was an awful experience I never thought I'd had at this place. Maybe it was the best for me since this position was replacing someone that left and relocating to SFO is very expensive for families.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict?
      What are the reasons you left previous organizations?
      What are your biggest accomplishments and failures?
      Answer Question

Media Prep and Lab Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of sitting down with four of the department supervisors (one from each of the main buildings). They asked a bunch of questions about my resume and work experience. Then they asked questions about how I work through problems and interact with other people. They then allow you to ask them questions about the company and their division as well.The supervisors sit down with you two at a time and mostly ask the same questions.

Interview Questions

• They ask questions about what has been a time where you have made a mistake what did you learn from the mistake and how did you solve the problem.   Answer Question