Genentech MBA Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

MBA Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Started with a 1st round interview on campus - standard behavioral questions. Then 2nd rounds were at Genentech -- people have 3-6 interviews, each with a specific project manager, so that you're interviewing for a specific summer project. Mostly behavioral questions, but some can be "how would you approach this type of project" so that they can get a sense of your experience working in the area for the summer project. Then they'll let you know about whether you're getting an offer, on the waitlist, or not getting an offer within a few days.

Interview Questions

• How would you influence a group of people without any authority?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not negotiate, at all, on salary. I also found that they didn't really negotiate on relocation either. that said, they are pretty generous and more than competitive.

Commercial MBA Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

2 on-campus interviews, followed by a full day of interviews on-site. On-site interviews are for specific projects with hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Know your answer for "Why Genentech?" It seemed to be recurrent in each of the interviews that I had.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Standard MBA pay package. Little room for negotiation. Start dates are flexible depending on your particular manager.

MBA Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech in October 2011.

Interview

An informal interview, really drilled on why Genentech. The rest of the interview was more technical on market research.