Genentech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

3.1

Clinical Science Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Overall this was a lengthy interview process (primarily because of a notoriously slow HR process). I first had a phone interview with the hiring manager. The second step was an all-day interview with multiple cross-functional team members. Pretty soon after the interview, I was verbally offered the position. Then followed the lengthy HR process. It was about three months after interview that I was finally provided a formal offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe difficult situation within team and what actions I took to help resolve.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech in March 2017.

Interview

About a week and a half after applying to the job I got an email saying they would like to set up a phone interview within the next couple days. Interviewed with the Principal Researcher that I would be working under. The interview was extremely relaxed and very casual.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't many questions other than the typical "what are your strengths and weaknesses" questions. They mostly just wanted to hear about my research and previous experience.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted application online and asked referral from a friend. I got phone interview after 1 week. After 1 week, they gave me offer. In the meantime, they contacted my current employer.

Technical Editor Writer - Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I interviewed via a staffing agency, and was very smooth when I met the team. I applied a few weeks before, and got the telephone screen, same day the on site was scheduled with the team.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genentech in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted 1 month after I submitted my application online to arrange for an phone interview (which was about 30 min long). I was then notified of the results 2 weeks after the interview. The interview was directly conducted by the scientist (whom the intern will work with), and not with HR. He asked about my experiences that I have written about on my resume (ie. what did you do specifically for this role), and also whether I fulfilled the qualifications listed on the job descriptions (have you taken organic chemistry etc).

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

End of the day. Interviewers lacked energy and interest. Very pro forma.
    Interviewers simply were going through the motions. One of the two yawned throughout the Q&A. The hiring Manager appeared intimidated by my age (I am of the Boomer generation).

Interview Questions

• How was your trip up to Boston?   1 Answer

Ppp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied the position online and the 1st round was phone interview in one week after the deadline. Received the 2nd round invitation in the following week after the 1st round. Talked to 3 managers back to back in the 2nd round.

Manufacturing Bioprocess Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (Vacaville, CA).

Interview

First they use WePow pre-recorded video to screen candidates, then if you get picked they will schedule you to meet with supervisors and a technician panel. You'll have 4 mini interviews with different people that last for 30 mins each. This interview consist of many behavior/personality trait question that will show them how you work in a team setting and 1 basic science question.

Interview Questions

• If two supervisors gave two different advice on how to perform a task, how would you handle this situation?   Answer Question
    • What is a buffer and how does it work?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had to be creative and think outside of the box to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • Describe how you form relationships outside of your work circle.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when a piece of equipment did not work, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

phone interview, took them three weeks to schedule an interview, and scheduled the interviews two separate days. I had to take time off from work for 2 days.

The hiring process is not helpful at all.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through a recruiting company. They scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager in a very short time. The hiring manager was really nice. He asked me a lot of behavior questions, and then went through my resume briefly (not in detail). I got the chance to have an onsite interview in the afternoon at the same day. The hiring manager and the team leader interviewed me at Genentech. They were both really nice. Half of the interview was behavior questions and experience details. The next half was to discuss the work content to see if I can ask good questions. So be prepared!

Interview Questions

• Since you are a statistic student, what can you tell me about statistics?   Answer Question