Genentech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Genentech Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2017

3.1

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

Most interviews for internships are held over the phone since students are applying from across the country. The process was relaxed and they mostly asked about my past experience. A few hypothetical questions were asked about how I would improve my research or what techniques I would use if I wanted to investigate "x". They also shared a lot about what my responsibilities would be.

Interview Questions

• In your research, if you wanted to find "x", what techniques would you use?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied the position on line and I got the email that I need an interview several weeks later. The interview was quite open and easy going. We talked what I did in my graduated study and some other opening questions.

Bioprocess Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Genentech (Vacaville, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Three separate meetings with the three department leaders and then a technical panel with representatives from HR and the departments. They really wanted to know about my experience solving mechanical problems and my related thought process. They want to know how well you can work with others. Attitude is paramount.

Interview Questions

• What is a time something [mechanical] wasn't working and how did you go about fixing it?   Answer Question

Contract Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward and simple. The main discussion involved chemistry I had previously worked on and plans for the future (how long I might plan on staying).

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. One panel and one with the hiring manager. Pretty straightforward with typical interview questions. Know your experience and why you are a good candidate. External candidates will have a phone screen as well that goes over your resume and background.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech in March 2017.

Interview

Applied end of February (Feb 27). Heard back from a manager 3 weeks from then (Mar 20) for a phone interview. After the first phone interview, sent a thank you email and got a response 2 days later for another phone interview for the week after. I was offered the role after the second phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Classic behavioral questions (why Genentech, why this role, what are your strengths, what skills make you suitable for the role, etc.). Some technical questions relating to achievements/job functions listed on my resume.   1 Answer

Intake Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interviewed on campus with the hiring team. Behavioral interview based on learning workplace social skills in typical business interactions. Many questions asked me to describe situations I had been faced with in my career.

Interview Questions

• Describe your behavior when a team decided against a suggestion you had made.   1 Answer

Forecasting and Business Analysis Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

By far, the most comprehensive interview process, I have been through. I started off by connecting with a recruiter via LinkedIn. After preliminary HR screening on my background and experience, I had a telephonic screening with hiring manager. Then, I was invited onsite to Genentech's SFO campus. After a full day of onsite panel interviews, I was offered the position two weeks later. The onsite interview process started with a group presentation to the entire hiring team. I was asked to put together a presentation (no more than 6 slides) that is relevant to my experience and that aligns with the job description. Thirty minutes total was allotted for the presentation. I finished in 20 minutes, in order to allow time for questions. They asked good questions towards the end of my presentation. After this presentation, I had individual panel interviews through out the day. One of the panels was a case study involving forecasting, business drivers, financial performance etc. case study involved finding errors with financial analysis and also role playing. "if you were presenting to cfo or CEO, how will you present?" "If you were the CEO, what type of questions will you ask the person who put together this financial analysis". During lunch, I was provided an opportunity to ask questions to the interviewer. In fact, I was expected to ask questions through out lunch. By the way, they have an excellent work culture (based on my interview interactions) and the cafeteria was amazing! Rest of the afternoon had panels as well. Wrapped up at 3 pm or 4 pm.

Interview Questions

• How did you measure forecast accuracy or error?
      What level of historic data was available for this forecast?
      If you are launching a product, what factors will you include while forecasting?
      What are business drivers that drive sales and profitability?
      Why healthcare? Why Genentech?   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech (Lafayette, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

Received a call from HM mid-march for questions regarding research and background; received a follow-up call the day after regarding start day and other administrative issues. Received the offer two days later.

Interview Questions

• Graduate level research; background in solid state pharmaceutical science; publication history.   Answer Question

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The process started when I was contacted by a third party recruiter. There was a short phone screening with both the recruiter and the Genentech project lead, followed by a 5 hour on site semi-technical with several members of the group, both from IT and from other backgrounds.

Interview Questions

• Basic scaling and pros and cons of different technology choices.   1 Answer