Genentech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Genentech Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

It was a phone interview, following another round of phone interview. Interviewer introduced herself and the team; asked me to introduce myself and some questions about my resume.

Interview Questions

• What packages did you use for your machine learning class?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a phone call interview. Two rounds with different team members. Asked questions based on my resume. They asked about my previous projects and details on each. Asked for reference from my previous manager.

Cell Culture Tech, Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Avg. Interview questions. they were very friendly and they really are trying to select the best person to fit the role. Be prepare to answer and ask questions. Also make sure you provide them with a copy of your resume.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about yourself? what can you bring to the group? why CC? What are your future plans?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genentech in February 2017.

Interview

2 weeks between each interview. I had an initial phone screen with average behavioral questions, another hangout interview with the hiring manager where I was asked more specific questions about my past experiences listed on my resume, and a final panel interview with more behavioral and technical questions pertaining to the position. Overall a pretty laid back and comfortable experience.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you faced in the past and how has it shaped you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Was contacted by the hr staff for interview with the team.
    They asked me about my experience and research background. They asked about how I conducted my studies and no behavioral questions were added.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech in March 2017.

Interview

It was to the point and basic questions were asked about knowledge of technical skills. Went through a screening with the hiring manager, then the actual department manager a couple days after.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was 30 mins Phone screen. It took one week to get an interview from the online application. There consisted of very reasonable questions to find out a good candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want Genentech? Why should I hire you over other candidates?   Answer Question

Clinical Science Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Overall this was a lengthy interview process (primarily because of a notoriously slow HR process). I first had a phone interview with the hiring manager. The second step was an all-day interview with multiple cross-functional team members. Pretty soon after the interview, I was verbally offered the position. Then followed the lengthy HR process. It was about three months after interview that I was finally provided a formal offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe difficult situation within team and what actions I took to help resolve.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech in March 2017.

Interview

About a week and a half after applying to the job I got an email saying they would like to set up a phone interview within the next couple days. Interviewed with the Principal Researcher that I would be working under. The interview was extremely relaxed and very casual.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't many questions other than the typical "what are your strengths and weaknesses" questions. They mostly just wanted to hear about my research and previous experience.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted application online and asked referral from a friend. I got phone interview after 1 week. After 1 week, they gave me offer. In the meantime, they contacted my current employer.