Genentech Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Genentech Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was 30 mins Phone screen. It took one week to get an interview from the online application. There consisted of very reasonable questions to find out a good candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want Genentech? Why should I hire you over other candidates?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Genentech

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Long day of 8 or 9 interviews after phone screen. Workspace was open floor seating, which reminded me of a public library. No assigned seating. Was promised to be informed if I got the job or not within 2-3 weeks. It's been months and never heard anything - lack of integrity on their part. Campus is huge with 11,000 people working there. Easy to get lost in the crowd as the crowd is huge. Parking appeared to be difficult and there was alot of traffic getting into the campus at normal start work hour. Interviewers appeared weary about how much of your life Genentech demands.

***Update. I emailed my HR contact at Genetech requesting an update. She replied back saying she no longer works in that group and to contact HR. I have no other contact besides the recruiter. We'll see if she replies but I doubt it.

Interview Questions

• The ask everyone: Why Genentech?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Tiring and Long. Lots of behavioral questions were asked. There was substantial focus on technicals
    They will ask a lot of questions about difficult situations you were in and you would have to answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Long interview process. Starts with phone interview from a recruiter, then a series of panel interviews with key department personnel. Be patient, as the process can take a very long time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Genentech?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

everything from your initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview, number and type of interviews, and any advice you might offer to other interview candidates. Bonus points for your perceptions of the people, office, and work culture.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Genentech in April 2011.

Interview

This was an internal interview for an internal transfer. I spoke with the hiring manager about interviewing, and was encouraged to do so. The hiring manager set up a series of interviews with their colleagues and management. A panel interview was set up with the people that this position would manage. In the end the person who won the position had a lot of support from his former manager, a colleague of the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What are examples of very fast decision making you had to make under pressure.   Answer Question