Genentech Manufacturing Bioprocess Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Genentech Manufacturing Bioprocess Technician Interview Questions

Interviews at Genentech

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genentech (Vacaville, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for a position at the Vacaville campus. Myself and three other people were scheduled for a two hour interview time. We checked in at the lobby, then were escorted through the central hallway of the facility to the office we were being interviewed at. On the way our escort explained what each building housed, what products they make at that facility, and how the manufacturing department was organized. Once we arrived at the office for the manufacturing department, we took turns speaking with two interviewers. One interviewer was a senior technician, the other a supervisor. Spoke to each person for about for about thirty minutes. They asked mostly generic interview questions about previous teamwork-related experiences and how you would react to certain workplace situations. The supervisor asked some more science-based questions. After their questions, I asked the interviewers questions about the job, the manufacturing process, the organization of the department, and how they felt about their jobs. After the interviews we were escorted back to the front of the building. Overall a low-stress interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work in a team situation with people who were not your co-workers.   Answer Question

I was interested in a position at a different company more than this position.

Other Interview Reviews for Genentech

Manufacturing Bioprocess Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

The whole process was very quick and easy! I got a call out of the blue from a recruiter saying that I was a good fit for a job at Genentech at that she wanted to give them my resume. I agreed and she passed it on, but she warned me that it could take months to hear back from them. However, they emailed her back the next day and wanted me to come in 4 days later for an interview. I had 4 interviews in a 2 hour period, one with each manager and then a fourth with a panel of three people I would work with. Everyone was really friendly and annoyed that they had to go through stock HR questions before getting to know me better. The standard questions were all situational and focus on how you handled certain situations in the past. Once you get past those, they only have a few questions and the conversation becomes much more casual. They give you a ton of time to ask questions at the end of each interview which is a great opportunity to ask about the company and the benefits of working there (which are fantastic). They are really big on teamwork and trying to help people, and it seems that everyone there is very close knit which I liked. All of the managers were cool and I had a good time talking to them, the panel was also great and gave me an opportunity to meet some people I will work with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Genentech (Vacaville, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very comforting environment and everyone is extremely friendly. The interviewers were all willing to chat and be a pal.
    Be prepared for LOTS of behavioral questions. Very few technical questions.
    Had panel of 3 interview along with 3 1-on-1 interviews (6 people total in 2 hours)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with new procedures or new equipment and how you adapted to this change.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genentech (Vacaville, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

I had a good experience with 3 behavioral questions. Interview was set for an hour. Took 30 minutes and had time to ask questions afterwards. Offer extended a few hours after. I really liked my interviewers. Had a phone screen and a 2:1 in person interview. They moved fast at the time so the process took 1-2 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (Vacaville, CA).

Interview

First they use WePow pre-recorded video to screen candidates, then if you get picked they will schedule you to meet with supervisors and a technician panel. You'll have 4 mini interviews with different people that last for 30 mins each. This interview consist of many behavior/personality trait question that will show them how you work in a team setting and 1 basic science question.

Interview Questions

• If two supervisors gave two different advice on how to perform a task, how would you handle this situation?   Answer Question
    • What is a buffer and how does it work?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had to be creative and think outside of the box to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • Describe how you form relationships outside of your work circle.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when a piece of equipment did not work, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Bioprocess Manufacturing Technician Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

I had a phone interview which led to an in-person interview two weeks later. I got to meet and be interviewed by 5 leads from 3 different departments. We went over my background, experience and knowledge of upstream and downstream processing. There were some behavioral questions. Once I answered all of their questions, they went over the position and gave me an opportunity to ask questions. Overall, it was a good experience. The thought of being interviewed by multiple people can seem intimidating. Be yourself and believe in your knowledge and skills.