Genentech Manufacturing Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 30, 2017

3.1

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

Had a video interview first that had pre recorded questions that you had a certain amount of time to record your answer. Then had an in person interview with two individuals.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview question: skills, strengths, weaknesses, qualifications, experience etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Genentech

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

They asked some basic questions, mostly situational questions and how you handled them. They also asked some ranking questions about quality and teamwork. Be sure to explain things on your resume, as they will have some questions on that.

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Lots of hoops to go through. Very stringent interview process. Genentech chooses the most qualified. They will not hire anyone if your not qualified. They would rather leave the position open.

Interview Questions

• Elaborate on a conflict and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, 1:1 then a panel interview. It took 30 applicants then down to 7 applicants before I was selected and offered the position. After I accepted the offer, the background check took about 2-3 weeks prior to my start in the new hire training program.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations were made. Offer was accepted right after it was offered and the background check took almost 3 weeks before I started the new hire training program.

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech in August 2014.

Interview

I got a phone call from a recruiter about the position. Interviewed with her, and then set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, was asked to come into the facility and do an in person interview. Each last 30 min. The in person interview was with 4 people at a single time, panel style. I was very nervous but answered everything the best I could. When I didn't know something, I was honest that I didn't know.

Interview Questions

• Nothing outside of regular interview questions involving my behavior and past experience, and what I know about certain details about the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, I was too excited and accepted immediately.

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Was interviewed by all 3 shift supervisors and was asked basic behavioral, situational, and resume questions.

Interview Questions

• This position is very repetitive, why would this attract you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable base pay

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Genentech in April 2013.

Interview

Met Genentech recruiters at a veterans job fair and had a video interview less than 1 week later. Must have nailed video interview cause was offered position about 2 monte after that. No other interviews needed... At least for me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not sure yet...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I had an in-person interview set up through a third-party recruiter. I only interviewed with one person -- the direct supervisor for the position. He had set questions to ask me, which were very straightforward. The interview was mostly behavioral with general questions. It lasted 45 mins,

Interview Questions

• Can you give me a time where you took action to prevent an issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

One of the supervisors called me quite late in the evening to schedule for an interview the following week that had the interview listed as from 1pm to 7pm, but be there by 11:30am. Details of interview were not really given other then when to show up. Showed up on time and found that 4 people were also scheduled the same time as me. We were escorted in to a small hallway to wait to be interviewed. My interview was not to start until 2pm, but I was already waiting at 12 so I just reviewed notes. It was a bit uncomfortable considering workers were walking in and out and the long waiting period was not helping with being nervous.

Got into the interview interviewed by two supervisors. The lady asked a few questions but mainly let the man run the interview. He asked me about why I wanted to work at Genentech and some technical questions about running machines. I only got about 5 basic questions when he said he was tired and wanted to end the interview earlier.

I already felt awkward with the interview style, so I of course did not expect any offer, but it was an experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you troubleshoot problems with machines/equipments?   Answer Question
    • How did you help your current organizations help improve their work/quality?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

The entire interview process was fairly difficult. It consisted of a phone interview which was comprised of basic science questions and an in-person interview which consisted of more basic interview questions. The person that interviewed with me was very friendly and the facility was beautiful.

My only complaint is that I received absolutely no feedback about the interview after I found out that I wasn't offered the position. After having a good interview, it can be a disheartening to hear that they "have no specific reason for the decision." It would be nice if they were a little more helpful in that regard.