Genentech PDRP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Genentech PDRP Interview Questions

Interviews at Genentech

3.5

PDRP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

It was a long process, met with 7 interviewers total. Each interview was 45 minutes long. Mainly asked about my research experience or behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Genentech

PDRP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

Submitted cover letter and resume online in October and received an email to schedule a preliminary phone screening in early January. Flew out to SF to interview three weeks later. On-site interview included five separate interviews and a tour of the pilot plant.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions related to areas very different from my previous experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

After being contacted I had a phone interview with one of the members of the hiring committee. The next interview was onsite and it was a full day. There were 6 individual interviews throughout the day and a lunch with people that were already in the program.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard interview questions. Some of the interviewers were more interested in experience rather then skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I got an email that they wanted to do an informational phone interview for the position, I knew from friends who work there that this is a competitive program so I was excited for the opportunity. The day of the interview the phone call was only about 15 minutes and asked only very superficial questions so I think they had decided ahead of time they didn't want to proceed with me as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my job history and why I was interested in the program   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview began with submitting an online application through the genentech website. Towards the end of the year a first brief phone screen was performed followed by a second. On-site interviews were then held which were a day-long process with around 6 interviewers. Interview groups were ~5-7 people. All interviews were one-on-one

Interview Questions

• One good question was you have a right cylinder on the counter that is glass and totally see through. There is liquid in the cylinder that appears to make it just over or under half-full. Using just the objects in this room (not much there) how could you determine more precisely if it is over or under half full?   2 Answers

PDRP Interview

Interview

2 video screenings and an onsite interview. video screenings were roughly 30-1hr each and onsite was 5 consecutive 1 hr interviews in a room. afterwards there was a tour of the pilot plant

PDRP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

Two phone screenings followed by an on-site interview day. Most questions asked about your understanding of various downstream processing areas as well as previous research and internship experience. Mostly technical questions with a few behavioral sprinkled throughout.

Interview Questions

• Describe the mass transfer principles at work in size exclusion chromatography   Answer Question

PDRP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

I first submitted a resume and cover letter and was contacted for a google hangouts call with a couple of scientists. The whole process was pretty quick and only took about 2 weeks.