Genentech Project Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Genentech Project Coordinator Interview Questions

3.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Each individual interview was 30 minutes with each member of the department - 9 people including director. This was a two day process. Each person was able to have a copy of my resume available and ask about my current position and why I wanted to work at Genentech. They also wanted to make sure I would fit with the team as it was a "tight nit-quirky group".

Interview Questions

• Portfolio questions are asked as well as culture questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Genentech

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (Vacaville, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I went through 3 phone interviews and 1 video conferencing interview before being hired on as a contractor. The interviewers were very nice and explained the role very well. They also explained the scope of their work and how i could be an asset to the team.

Interview Questions

• How would you complete a project with no help, or resources to finish it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I had 4 30 minutes one on one interview. The interviewers were very nice and also very matter of fact. Asked questions such as " tell me about yourself"

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

I got my interview with Genentech through a recruiter. Organization of the interview was handled by my recruiter. The interview was on the Genentech campus, and took about two hours. The first hour was an interview with my would-be supervisor and his colleague. They asked me questions from what seemed to be a list of predetermined interview questions. I was asked to describe situations from my previous experience that would fit into different job situations. I was asked some open-ended questions about jobs I had held in the past as well. In the second hour, I was interviewed by two others from the department. Their questions were similar to those I had been asked in the first hour. My feeling on the situation was that the two sets of two interviewers was a way to get different perspectives on my personality and experience related to the job. I didn't feel like I was being grilled at any time. It was a fairly comfortable experience. I think I received an offer for the job about a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when it would have been easier to turn a blind eye to a bad situation, but instead chose to take action.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate the salary because the offer ended up being higher than the expected range my recruiter had provided me. As a contractor, benefits were not available through Genentech, so there was no negotiation there either.