Genentech Reimbursement Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Genentech Reimbursement Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Genentech

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

There was only a phone interview if you were being hired as a contractor. the interview wasn't too hard. your recruiter will submit your resume to the Genentech and if Genentech is interested, your recruiter will contact you and schedule you a phone interview with one of the supervisors. the phone interview took probably a little less than a hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you have demonstrated leadership.   Answer Question
  • Tell me a time when you had conflict with your colleges and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Genentech

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Virtual interview using a video cam to record answers to specific problems. In addition, performed mock calls and audio recorded responses. Completely virtual. No real interviewer. Landed the position.

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Open house, they have applicants perform a lot of situations, in order to see if you are team player, and a leader. The supervisors walk around and pick who they want to have a interview with, and the rest are sent home. Then you are called to have a one on one interview, if selected as a contract worker you will be called the next day, by your agency.

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

If you're an outside person, they do start with a phone interview/phone screen to feel you out. Then you're invited for 2 or 3 panel interviews over a month's time. 98% of the questions are behavioral questions. Interviewers range from future peers, supervisors, managers and directors. They take from the STAR method so be very prepared in giving a real life situation and solution. It could take 2-3 months before a decision is made.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you disagreed with your supervisor. What was the situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Reimbursement Specialist Interview

Interview

The interview generally has two mangers and one or two employees to gauge your knowledge of the job. A candidate can expect a question about their skills, previous roles and asked to make a test phone to evaluate your phone skills for this role.

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Most people start off as a contractor once they get selected. A person may or may not need to interview again to obtain a full time position. The interview process is intense as a contractor and as a full time position. 98% of the questions being asked will be behavioral questions. "Give me a situation when..." "What would you do if...." There are usually 3 interviews that could span out to 3 months. The best way to answer the questions is the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions are difficult or unexpected if you've been in the situation before. Dealing with a difficult customer, dealing with a difficult coworker, working under intense pressure, prioritizing. If you haven't done these things, then more than likely you won't get the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There are no negotiations

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

They have a real thing for behavioral interviews and seem to place a lot of stock in this type of interview process. A lot of questions involving scenarios and how you would handle certain situations. The questions are interesting but I feel that they don't really necessarily tell you if an employee will be a good choice.

Interview Questions

• Explain a scenario in which you used common sense to solve a problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would always advise at any job to never accept the first offer unless you know you are in a vulnerable position and don't have a lot of bargaining power.