Genentech Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Genentech Research Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2016

3.2

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Sitting down with several people of the department. The asked questions in turn, mostly dealing with personality fit but some technical questions and some common sense checks for the field.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Genentech

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with the recruiter, then a second one with the hiring manager. Scheduled an onsite interview where I met with 5-6 additional employees (2-3 at a time). Fairly standard behavioral and personality questions, and was asked for references a few days later. Received a rejection phone call after 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your supervisor/manager and what the outcome was, tell me how you would proceed if you had to troubleshoot an assay that was not working, strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The majority of the interview consisted of behavioral questions and a thorough review of my academic background and industry experience. They were very upfront with the expectations of the role and what the main focus of the department was. There were several rounds of meetings beginning with interviewing with the individuals I would be working with directly from day to day, followed by one on one meetings with several managers. They were happy to answer any questions and/or concerns I had.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations and how would you handle a situation where you cannot complete all the tasks that were assigned to you for a specific day?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

There are 3 separate groups that you meet with and they ask a wide range of questions. There were 2 groups of 2 interviewers and a 1:1 as the last part of the interview,

Interview Questions

• How do you think your past experiences qualify you for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position through a staffing company and got a phone interview after 1 week. I had the phone interview with the hiring manager. It was approximately 20 mins. We discuss about my background( my previous project and industry experience), technical skills, willingness to relocate and visa status.

Interview Questions

• 1. My background
      2.Technical skills
      3. Visa status
      4.willingness to relocate
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (Mountain View, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Started with phone screen, where the hiring manager called me up. We talked for a while about my resume, what I had done before and what the company was about. Then I was invited for an on site interview, where about five employees talked with me about the things I have done and what my interests were.

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online 2 years ago but didn't hear back from a hiring manager until 8 months into my new position at a different company. I passed on the interviews but kept in contact with one of the hiring managers for when I am ready to move on. A year later the hiring manager recommends a position that opened up in their department, which I then applied to formally online.

I talked to HR on the phone first who asked basic questions on what I am looking for at Genentech, and also answered any questions I had about the company and expectations on the process. HR was very friendly and were very transparent up front about the typical compensation expectations for this position. I then had a phone interview with the hiring manager that clarified more on what they were looking for and if this matched well with how I wanted to build my career.

I was then one of three candidates invited on site for a day long interview, 8am-~4:30pm, 30min interviews with a total of 20 people in the department ranging from peer Research Associates to Director of the department. I had a few 1:1 interviews, but I also had 2:1/ 3:1/ 5:1 interviews throughout the day.

All of the people I met were very friendly and understanding and did not throw any unreasonable questions at me. Most questions were about relevant experience and where I saw myself in 5 years. There were no theory questions on the formulas you learned in college but haven't touched on since (hiring manager emphasized that I did not need to study, just be myself). I also had plenty of opportunities to ask them of their experiences working there. You could tell that they took the process very seriously and made sure I was well-informed every step of the way.

Interview Questions

• Give me an introduction about yourself (Give me your TL;DR)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, but the offer was better than expected

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

Started with 2 phone interviews then invited to go to San francisco for on site interviews. On site interviews were grueling. Had 11 interviews in one day and met with 14 people. Asked a lot of behavioral questions and picked apart my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

quite simple, did not meet with HR, just met the members in the group. all the questions are techniqually, previous experience. had bad feeling after the interview. because they said they will contact me around 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• situation question. if the screen is empty, what happned? tell me how to choose the column. if the machine do not work, tell me the reason. how to perform some kinds of experiment.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 people within the team that was hiring. All were friendly and focused. This included 3 managers (yes, it turned out I had to report to all 3 of them once I got the job), and 2 future coworkers. They provided lunch, which was very generous. Not an intimidating interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work in a group or by yourself?   1 Answer