Genentech Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Genentech Research Associate Interview Questions

3.2

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Sitting down with several people of the department. The asked questions in turn, mostly dealing with personality fit but some technical questions and some common sense checks for the field.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Genentech

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

There are 3 separate groups that you meet with and they ask a wide range of questions. There were 2 groups of 2 interviewers and a 1:1 as the last part of the interview,

Interview Questions

• How do you think your past experiences qualify you for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The majority of the interview consisted of behavioral questions and a thorough review of my academic background and industry experience. They were very upfront with the expectations of the role and what the main focus of the department was. There were several rounds of meetings beginning with interviewing with the individuals I would be working with directly from day to day, followed by one on one meetings with several managers. They were happy to answer any questions and/or concerns I had.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations and how would you handle a situation where you cannot complete all the tasks that were assigned to you for a specific day?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with the recruiter, then a second one with the hiring manager. Scheduled an onsite interview where I met with 5-6 additional employees (2-3 at a time). Fairly standard behavioral and personality questions, and was asked for references a few days later. Received a rejection phone call after 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your supervisor/manager and what the outcome was, tell me how you would proceed if you had to troubleshoot an assay that was not working, strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position through a staffing company and got a phone interview after 1 week. I had the phone interview with the hiring manager. It was approximately 20 mins. We discuss about my background( my previous project and industry experience), technical skills, willingness to relocate and visa status.

Interview Questions

• 1. My background
      2.Technical skills
      3. Visa status
      4.willingness to relocate   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

Hour long phone interview primarily focused on past research experience. Submitted 10 slides to hiring manager the day before based on chemistry research. Talked for about 40 mins about my slides while the interviewers asked questioned intermittently. Last 10 minutes or so were more personal questions about relocating to San Francisco and what my future career plans are.

Interview Questions

• Do you plan on pursuing graduate school at a later date?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (Mountain View, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Started with phone screen, where the hiring manager called me up. We talked for a while about my resume, what I had done before and what the company was about. Then I was invited for an on site interview, where about five employees talked with me about the things I have done and what my interests were.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Genentech in June 2015.

Interview

Plan and write out real life experiences and things you already know. Be more confident in what you know. Highlight relating situations you have experienced. Simple often andake a lot of eye contact.

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview was a straight forward process with a one-on-one interview with my immediate supervisor. I did not meet my colleagues until after I was hired. The questions focused on my previous experience and also provided information/description of the position. The supervisor was polite and friendly and very positive.

Interview Questions

• Describe my education and previous experience. What lab experience did I have? How do I like to be managed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 people within the team that was hiring. All were friendly and focused. This included 3 managers (yes, it turned out I had to report to all 3 of them once I got the job), and 2 future coworkers. They provided lunch, which was very generous. Not an intimidating interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work in a group or by yourself?   1 Answer