Genentech Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

3.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (Oceanside, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewed the end of January 2016. I was greeted by the hiring manager and directed towards the interview room in the downstream department, traveling through the cafeteria area and through the spine of the buildings. The interview was scheduled last minute and I was under the impression there would be more than one interviewer at once. However, due to busy schedules and conflicts, there were only two who interviewed me. There were general questions about my education, experience at my internship, and why I decided to pursue a career in biotechnology. The interview lasted an overall 35 minutes. There weren't many technical questions asked. I was even provided the basic work schedule of the company as it is a 24 hour production company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The manager sent me an email about setting up an email. We set up a time for a phone interview. It last approximately 30 minutes. There were two interviewers; they briefly described the project, and then asked me how I would approach this. They also asked me why I was interested in Genentech. One of the interviewers really pressed for more answers, but the project was too vaguely described for me to answer in specifics. According to my manager after I was hired, this interview went well. Because this was a phone interview, I was in San Diego, but the job is in South San Francisco.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about completing this project?   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (Oceanside, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was awesome. I spoke with the hiring manager about the overall system I would be working with. Asked him about the project. He asked me about my background and experience. It was informal and it was a great match. I did a bunch of research prior to the interview and that really allowed me to ask the right questions. The hiring manager was also a really cool and laid back person which made the whole thing flow very smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous internships.   1 Answer

Senior Bio-Process Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Genentech (Oceanside, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Initial communications were by phone and they went through a couple of rounds of interviews prior to scheduling a face to face which was very in depth but awesome experience .

Interview Questions

• Many questions went into the technical aspects of operations but very professional demeanor by interviewers who constantly gave feedback if you are answering what they are looking for or not.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non negotiable pay but competitive with industry standards and great benefits packages.

Senior Bioprocess Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Genentech (Oceanside, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Panel interview most employees start as Temp/Contractor and work 8-12months before hiring. A good talker will get further than a good worker. A firm negotion will help. I

Negotiation

none accepted offer

Biotech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech (San Diego, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

Basically, it was a series of panel interviews throughout the day. Each interview had 2-3 people asking questions related to the company culture, each panel took 45 min to 1 hour, it started in the morning with HR and peers, then to associate directors, managers, then finally hiring manager and validation.