Genentech Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

3.2

Assistant Medical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Meetings with HR and key members of development group followed by a one-hour research presentation. The interview experience was very positive. Interviews were relaxed and not confrontational. I had the opportunity to get to know potential future colleagues as they were getting to know me. The presentation was formal and I was asked challenging (but appropriate) questions and asked to defend my assumptions and conclusions.

Interview Questions

• What value do you bring the organization?   Answer Question
    • What would you propose to do to improve our development efforts in a given therapeutic area?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

If you are interviewing at Genentech, please go with "zero expectation". The entire process can easily take 3+ months. Even if you are confident you nailed it at the interview, it is always best to keep your expectations low unless they call you and make a final offer. The position I interviewed for included a phone screen and onsite interviews. Both went pretty well and the overall experience meeting people at Genentech was great. Something that really inspired me and I seriously wanted the job.

Unfortunately, more than 2 months passed and there was barely any response from their end except that the interview process was still ongoing. They never really care to reach out and provide an update on what really happened about the position. My strong feedback is a company should be courteous and respectful enough to reach out to a candidate especially if they make it to the final onsite round. If they can spend an entire day interviewing candidates, they can spend few minutes of their time to reach out to them in regards to their final decision. I was extremely disappointed by the way the interview process was carried out and it poorly reflects on the company culture and employees. I hope the interview process gets better and less painful for people aspiring to get into Genentech.

Interview Questions

• Several questions around why Genentech? How do you work in a team based environment? Several situational questions around how do you handle challenges, changes etc.? Describe the depth of your knowledge in pharma industry.   Answer Question

Global Clinical Trial Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied cold online and was later given employee referral for position. Application sat in 'review' on Taleo for about four months before any contact. After the initial contact, everything moved quickly. Phone interview with hiring manager, which was mostly a review of resume and qualifications. One week later, had on-site interview. On-site interview was half-day broken into 5 sessions. Interviewers were a mix of supervisors, HR and peers working in the same Department. One interview was a panel over lunch focused on technical questions. Overall the on-site interviews consisted of typical behavioral questions with some very position-specific questions aimed at gauging understanding of job duties.

HR described the process afterwards if an offer was to be made. This consisted of reference and background check followed by offer and pairing with relocation expert.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in clinical operations, particularly, with regard to recruitment, budget development, drug forecasting, timelines and vendor management using as specific of examples as possible.   Answer Question

Bioprocess Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Genentech (Vacaville, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Online recorded video interview mpow. Recorded interviewers would ask recorded questions. You would answer with recorded answers. Requires a computer or smart phone. Im not sure what they would do if you don't have one.

Business Process Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

got invited to do an interview for this position when I was interviewing for a MBA summer internship. The hiring manager was very nice, so are rest of the interviewers. The questions are not easy and you have to know the basic six-sigma and PMP methods to analyze problems, and you are expected to be able to draw flow charts at the interview. the interview lasted for about 4 hours

Interview Questions

• draw a flow chart to show how you started looking for a job and eventually arrived at this interview   1 Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It's a long process. Depending on your level it can be 2 or 3 rounds of interview. Be ready to be grilled in the interview. They have some internal analytics that only used in Genentech, they will show it to you and will ask you to analyze.
    1) Phone screening
    2) First round of in person interview - meeting your Hiring Managers and other Managers in the Hierarchy
    3) 2nd round of in person interview - where you meet your business partners
    4) Panel presentations etc. (if applicable)

Interview Questions

• During my interview, the Hiring Manager just pulled out some old presentations where they showed the uncertainty and risk analysis) and they asked me to analyze those.   1 Answer

Technical Editor Writer - Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I interviewed via a staffing agency, and was very smooth when I met the team. I applied a few weeks before, and got the telephone screen, same day the on site was scheduled with the team.

Manufacturing Bioprocess Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (Vacaville, CA).

Interview

First they use WePow pre-recorded video to screen candidates, then if you get picked they will schedule you to meet with supervisors and a technician panel. You'll have 4 mini interviews with different people that last for 30 mins each. This interview consist of many behavior/personality trait question that will show them how you work in a team setting and 1 basic science question.

Interview Questions

• If two supervisors gave two different advice on how to perform a task, how would you handle this situation?   Answer Question
    • What is a buffer and how does it work?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had to be creative and think outside of the box to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • Describe how you form relationships outside of your work circle.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when a piece of equipment did not work, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was 30 mins Phone screen. It took one week to get an interview from the online application. There consisted of very reasonable questions to find out a good candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want Genentech? Why should I hire you over other candidates?   Answer Question

Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Genentech (Novato, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had to complete an initial application online and a few weeks later, I received an email asking me to fill out a secondary application. Later, I was asked for a convenient time to do an an online interview via webcam.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe your experience with working with large amounts of data, and what programs are you familiar with?   Answer Question