Genentech Senior Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Genentech Senior Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Genentech

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was an employee referral. Went in for an interview, met with 2 other senior admins who were very nice. Immediately after the HR rep came in and interviewed, she was nice as well. Both asked the normal interview questions you'd expect. Had a phone interview a week later with the hiring manager, was asked to email some work samples which I did. A week later, hiring manager called and said they chose another candidate who currently works with the company. The HR rep who I met with told me that the majority of hiring managers like to go with someone who currently works for the company for obvious reasons. Admin jobs normally aren't posed externally but I was able to get an interview due to a referral. Wouldn't waste your time for any admin positions here unless if you are willing to do a contract position.

Interview Questions

• What are somethings your boss can do to make your job easier?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Genentech

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

The hiring process can be long. You will usually meet with multiple people from the team that is hiring, and often includes admins from other teams.

Interview Questions

• The hardest interviews are with the other admins. Questions can be random.
      Q: How do you cook an egg?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate high. Once your rate is set, it is difficult to jump ahead.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

Mainly basic questions, without any surprises. They asked simple things like "How do you prioritize?" and "What are you weaknesses?" as strengths, priorities, how I deal with stress and conflict in the workplace, and why I was applying for this particular position as well as with Genentech in general.

Interview Questions

• What would be the first few steps you would take to settle in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

It is a full day of interviews with various team members. I was interviewed by the administrative team and also the business partners who I would be supporting. it was long and intense but a very good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

it was easy and straightforward. The environment was really calm and people were really friendly. It was an easy free flowing conversation. not at all stressful. I really enjoyed the entire process.

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview involved me sitting down with the department's admin. team. It essentially was a panel interview but felt less formal in terms of dress/demeanor. I met with the senior management associate in the department who was very friendly, and she introduced me to the rest of the team. There were plenty of opportunities for me to ask questions, and the team members were very responsive and open.

Interview Questions

• Often times here, we have to deal with situations in which we have to say no to people. Please describe a time in which you've had to do this.   2 Answers
    • Please describe a time in which you've had to do extensive calendaring.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to ask about salary. They were kind and actually offered more than I had asked for!

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Had to have many interviews to see if I was the right fit-about 8. Short sessions but to the point. Phone screen, then panel, then 1:1, all fairly positive and group was very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how your overcame a difficult situation with a coworker   1 Answer