Genentech Senior Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Genentech Senior Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Genentech

2.5

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Had nine staff members interview me at one time in a conference room. I had individual interviews with the Associate Director of the Department, Lead Project Manager, technical staff in software validation and/or IT infrastructure Project Manager and other Managers running other CSV Projects.

Interview Questions

• Part 11 Computer System Validation Strategies   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Genentech

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Got referred by an employee working at the company but he did not know the hiring manager in person. I was phone interviewed first by a human resource representative. After a few emails with the hiring manager, we decided to meet informally at a local restaurant. Shortly into our conversation, the hiring manager offered me an opportunity to formally interview with a panel representing the whole group. It took a half day. A few days later, two personal references were checked and then I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in making this career change?   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech in September 2007.

Interview

I lucked out. The interview process was unusually short for this company. I met with 6 individuals during one day-and received a job offer the following day. In fact, the recruiter phoned me as I was driving home from the interview and essentially said the job was mine.

Interview Questions

• You have no experience in Biotech. What differentiates you from other candidates who might already have biotech experience.   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech in June 2011.

Interview

This was a case of internal transfer. At Genentech, once you are inside the company, internal transfer could be made easy within the same global function, if you consistently deliver good results.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate; but I would certain advise others do, especially if you are coming from external. However our recruiters are usually very transparent and honest about the upper limit which a particular position can offer.