General Atomics Avionics Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Atomics (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied and the next day, I received an e-mail from an HR specialist. I did call him and we talked about the position and he asked if I was interested for the position. I said yes. After a week, I received an e-mail from another HR specialist, who then became my go-to person for the whole process. I received an interview from two top managers and the interview lasted less than an hour, after taking a written assessment. I then received an e-mail at the end of that interview week, stating that the company wants to pursue the hiring process. I then received e-mails for background investigation and was told to provide references. After that phase of the process was done, I received another e-mail from HR, stating that everything went well and my offer letter would be generated. The whole process took two months.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for General Atomics

Avionics Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at General Atomics in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online, I spoke with a recruiter who gave me some background about the position and an overview of the interview process. You have to take an online knowledge assessment test, that covers basic electronic, physics and math. I was contacted by the hiring manager and went though my resume and work experience.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you had a issue with a co-worker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics (Palm Desert, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

You recieve an online test (electronic questions), and then a phone interview with the Recruiter("tell me about a time when..." questions), then an in person interview during which you get another written test, then a bench test, then an in person interview with 2 people present.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you were faced with a decision that challenged you morally.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (Palmdale, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

First you have to pass Online test. Then a Phone interview. Then Practical Test. Then Person-to-person interview wich its pretty hard but its not really about knowledge more about personality. Ask you to describe any kind of avionics systems of aircraft that you used to work. What if?? questions.. Qualities you have.

Interview Questions

• Talk Alot of yourself and systmes. Practice to describe any kind of system specially avionics that you used to work before   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negociating. HR give you how much you going to make and they wont give you more.. You can try tho. Nothing to loose

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Atomics (Palmdale, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

There were a few steps to go through but overall it was very painless.
         1. They called to setup a phone interview.
         2. Phone Interview (Very basic questions ie. tell me about yourself, your experience, rate your skill level).
         3. Online Skills Test (They give you a week or so to complete it.. 2 part test with theory, safety, general math and competency questions ie. which way does the slash go in a web address? This way // or that way \\)
         4. Fly you out to the company (Very nice all expenses paid trip)
         5. Onsite test (Many if not all of the questions come from the previous online test, so pay attention and study)
         6. Practical Exercise (Install a piece of equipment onto a test bench,. Don't sit anything down! FOD! Test it. Write down your results.)
         7. 2 on 1 interview (This is VERY long (1hr+) and the interviewers play off each other, they have a script, and EVERY question starts with "Tell me about a time..." so have plenty of stories available. Also, they asked me to describe something very difficult in great detail. I tend to think things are only difficult if you let them be, bit a good answer. This was my last question, and the first time it had ever been asked it and I flubbed it.)

The company seemed VERY laid back, not a suit, a tie, or a button down in the whole place. I wore a suit and felt very out of place. I'm not sure if business casual is right answer but maybe this a better question to ask your recruiter.

I wish you well, and happy interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with limited resources.   Answer Question
    • Describe a very difficult task in great detail.   1 Answer