General Atomics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Atomics Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

Software Developer I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

I applied online. First I received an email requesting a phone interview. I was contacted back very soon to schedule an on-site interview.

For the on-site: Spoke with the HR, then had a 1:1 meeting with an engineer + coding problem. Later met with others to talk about resume.

Interview Questions

• Asked about some C language basics.
      Also asked a bit about operating systems.
      On-site technical question was in C.
      Answer Question

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Interview

Had an interview with Diazyme, the biotech company associated with GA. Had a phone screen and then in person interview. Met with HR and that went fairly well - mostly behavioral questions and getting to know the company. Met with the CEO who was not very friendly and difficult to speak with; he asked many technical questions that were confusing to interpret.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company and General Atomics and what we do?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

One phone interview then one onsite that lasted about 4-5 hours including a 1 hour technical assessment. Great planning/organization on HR's part and all expenses are paid for the interview process.

The technical assessment consisted of some very easy multiple choice questions and a problem that requires coding in Linux. The problem was incredibly confusing at first but is actually quite easy if you take the time to understand what it is asking.

Study common coding questions and structs in C.

Side note: even if you don't get chosen for a particular role, they can refer you to another department or group that may choose to interview you as well, and it will be a much faster process since your assessment is already on file.

Interview Questions

• Easy stuff like how many bits in a byte, what's missing from this code, etc.

Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through a staffing agency and had a phone screen a week after. Two weeks after that I had an in person interview at their HQ in Poway. I had a panel interview with 4 members of the team I would be working with. They were pretty nice and the technical questions weren't too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Questions about C, memory/pointers, some object oriented design questions   Answer Question

Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

There was a very brief phone interview which just clarified my resume. Then an on site interview followed. The onsite portion was not well communicated what was going to happen, leaving me blindsided. I met with multiple different people who, apparently, each were interviewing me for a separate job of their own. I was not prepared with a background of their research to be able to ask questions or prepare anything in general.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about my research or our work here?   1 Answer

General Atomics Response

Nov 10, 2016 – System Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate the interview feedback and regret that you had this experience with General Atomics and affiliated companies.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with general questions on .NET knowledge and past job experience.

On-site interview that consisted of a meeting with a manager who gave a general overview of the company, what they do, and what they're working toward.
    After the meeting with the manager I had a meeting with about 5 developers who watched me solve coding problems. This was for an entry-level position, so they were fairly easy.

I would have seriously considered an offer from this company, they definitely had a good culture and they I felt like I would fit in pretty well there. I didn't have time to wait to see if they were going to make an offer because they took too long to decide and I got an offer from a different company that I liked a little more and that had a shorter commute.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that returns the nth Fibonacci number.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a technical phone interview, and a week later I was called in for an on site interview in San Bernardo. The on site interview went well in my opinion, they were genuine and friendly. I was asked some more simple technical questions, and the head of HR talked to me about benefits, retirement plans, what my salary expectation was, etc. After the interview the manager who did the phone interview with me gave me a tour of the facility and we had lunch after. The whole thing took 3 or 4 hours. I'm still waiting to see if I got the job or not.

Entry Level Firmware Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

Brief technical phone interview. Called in a few days latter for onsite. Took about 3 hours. First hour was a dissection of my resume. Second hour was c assessment. Third was another dissection of my resume as well as whiteboard questions. Overall the process wasn't that hard I just got really nervous in showing my skills. Its been awhile but I partially forgot how to code in C. They didn't mind that so long as I explained my thought process to them during the assessment.

A&P Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Atomics (Palmdale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had the pleasure of speaking with Nicole Folson. She was very professional and is very much vested in the interview process. She was extremely helpful and cared about my employment needs. Though the position was not what I had hoped she helped point me in the right direction with possible employment through the Quality Assurance field. I was very grateful

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

Met with multiple members of the department. The interview appeared to go well. My skillset wasn't exactly what they were looking for, but in some ways I felt what I offered was better. It turns out they went in another direction, which is understandable, but they never bothered to tell me. I called and emailed the recruiter offering to provide additional information after the interview, but my call and email was not returned.

General Atomics Response

Oct 4, 2016 – System Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate the feedback and regret that you had this experience with General Atomics and affiliated companies. We would like to get some ... More

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
General Atomics Software Developer I Interview Asked about some C language basics. Also asked a bit about operating systems. On-site technical question was in C.
General Atomics R&D Interview San Diego, CA What do you know about our company and General Atomics and what we do?
General Atomics Software Developer Interview San Diego, CA Easy stuff like how many bits in a byte, what's missing from this code, etc. For the actual coding part, study structs if being tested in C!! Memory management important as well.
General Atomics Software Developer Interview Poway, CA Questions about C, memory/pointers, some object oriented design questions
General Atomics Scientist I Interview How much do you know about my research or our work here?
General Atomics Software Engineer Interview San Diego, CA Write a function that returns the nth Fibonacci number.
General Atomics Engineer I Interview Poway, CA Are you willing to move out here to work?
General Atomics Entry Level Firmware Interview What do you know about the company?
General Atomics A&P Specialist Interview Palmdale, CA What do you know about our company?