General Atomics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Atomics Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2017

127 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

The hiring process was well-paced with a friendly atmosphere. I was scheduled to meet with several people, 2 groups specifically. I was also invited to eat out and enjoy some great mexican with them.

Interview Questions

General Atomics Response

Oct 18, 2017 – Systems Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review about your interview experience with General Atomics and affiliated companies.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a technical interview that was focused on C/C++ with some questions about Object Oriented Programming concepts. The interviewer was patient and offered clarification on questions. They called on time and it lasted about 30 min.

Interview Questions

• How many values can you get using an unsigned byte?   1 Answer
    • How many heaps are there with 5 threads   1 Answer
    • What problems can arise from using multiple threads and only one heap?   1 Answer
    • What is 20 dec in Hex?   1 Answer
    • How would you toggle a bit? Without altering the rest of the data?   1 Answer
    • Linked List vs Array. What are they? Which is better for storing data?   1 Answer
    • What are prefixes to functions to declare if they can be used by other classes or not?   1 Answer
    • Override vs Overload   Answer Question
    • What does the Static keyword do to a field or function?   Answer Question
    • What is Inheritance?   1 Answer
    • What would you get if you AND a Hex A and a Hex 5   1 Answer

Structural Testing Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

Had a phone screening and the following day set an appointment for a face to face interview. Since it was an entry level it was for the most part behavioral questions. Nothing too out of the ordinary. Really friendly people.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for a phone interview about a month later. After that, I was scheduled for an in-person interview 2 weeks down the road.

I thought the interview went well. It was supposed to be with 3 interviewers but one didn't show up. It lasted about 90 minutes and didn't get too technical. Had more "describe a situation when..." type questions, in addition to general descriptions of the position. At the end they said I would hear back within a week.

2 weeks later, and they were "waiting on a proposal." 4 weeks after that, I was informed that the position had been cancelled. Disappointing end to a 3 month process, but what can you do?

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where two experts are giving you different solutions to the same problem?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to work with someone who was being unreasonable.   Answer Question

Department Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was contacted over the phone, and offered an interview. The three tiered interview was scheduled and sent to me via email. The HR rep backed out (and never interviewed or spoke with me as she said)the day of which left me with only two interviews that day. First I met the team I would be working with where they explained a very different role than I applied for online and expected basic requirements not listed in the description. I was caught a bit off guard seeing as the job description was quite different than the position being offered. The whole 'entry level' thing seemed to be a mislabel. I then met with the manager for the role who was in a similar boat, asking me to write computer coding on a white board after I very clearly noted that I can use a computer but have no knowledge of the inner workings or technical experience.

Interview Questions

• Whats the most recent project in which you used pivot tables in?   2 Answers

Oct 18, 2017 – Systems Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate the feedback and regret that you had this experience with General Atomics and affiliated companies. We encourage you to reach out in... More

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics (Palmdale, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The most archaic and disrespectful treatment. Their interview process method makes no sense and a waste of everyone's time. They send a link to the candidate to fill out and request 5 references before the candidate has a chance to go to an interview. While I was gathering my references, they decided to reject me although they request references. The only interview I had was with some 'firing squad' pre-screener recruiter who doesn't want the candidate to ask questions. Right now, I'm kissing the ground and thanking God, I didn't go to work for this firm.

Interview Questions

General Atomics Response

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The only positive part of the interview process was the HR/travelling part. The actual software panel of 3 that interviewed me were a little unprofessional and condescending. First I was scheduled for an hour interview with them and then another hour for an assessment but the interview abruptly ended when two of the interviewers left in the middle while I was writing my code on the board by saying "oh we have to go to this thing" and the 3rd interviewer did the same thing shortly. I didn't even get to take the assessment. It just seemed they were uninterested the whole time even though I was answering their questions well and politely. The HR representative was very kind and on time, but the technical interviewers need to be more professional and at least pretend like they care.....Maybe it was just this team I interviewed with that were being like this so I can't speak for the whole company but overall negative experience. I've never had interviewers leave before completing the entire interview, shows complete unprofessionalism.

Interview Questions

• A bunch of coding problems that weren't hard but they expect you to have perfect syntax while writing on a white board.... which I thought was weird, I always thought how you would go about implementing something was more important than syntax so just make sure you know exact syntax..   Answer Question

Sep 6, 2017 – Systems Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate the feedback and regret that you had this experience with General Atomics and affiliated companies. We will share this information... More

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Two separate interviews. One with HR which asked very basic HR type questions. The second was with the section in which I was trying to work. During the HR portion she highlighted the types of benefits and typical schedule that would be expected. General Atomics is a very professional company and they made the interview process very simple.

Interview Questions

• Can you rate your Excel skills on a scale of 1-10?   1 Answer

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

They first call to set up a phone interview, which in my case was fairly quickly. After the phone interview was set up I was expecting a call from the hiring manager, but instead I received a call from someone else in the same department who was going to do my interview instead. This person didn't really seem like he wanted to be doing the interview so it actually went pretty fast. Once it was over, all he mentioned is that I would be informed of my results. Phone interview consisted of only technical questions about Operating Systems, some OOP, and other general computer science stuff.

Interview Questions

General Atomics Response

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview asking me simple technical questions. If you pass that, then they invite you for an onsite interview. The whole process was fairly quick.