General Atomics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

298 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

UAV Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Bernardo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (Rancho Bernardo, CA).

Interview

Internal hire interview - It was a more informal interview of being the best fit for the job. I was up against stiff competition with those unofficially already speaking the language. To make it this far in the hiring process is humbling and a learning experience. In all, everyone took away something in a positive manner from the interaction.

Interview Questions

Interview

It was a highly non technical interview with mostly questions regarding resume highlights. The questions were straight forward and directed at primarily previous job experiences.
    The board of managers reviewing my qualifications were friendly and conversational.

A&P Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (Chino, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Very quick to respond to my resume/application. Very professional and straight forward. Had answers to all of the questions I had. I am currently waiting for a response and hope things go well.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Got interview through recruiter, one phone interview and one in person interview. In person was a panel of four engineers, and all the questions were based off of my resume and past experience, as well as my personality and ambitions.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Marcos, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

30 minute technical interview over the phone. There was an initial scheduling of the date for the technical phone interview. The actual phone interview itself consisted of some easy questions about public, private, protected keywords but some other questions about acronyms and things that I have never heard of.

Interview Questions

• What is the integral of velocity over time?   1 Answer

A+P Specialist I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics in December 2017.

Interview

There were two interviews, one at my A+P school and after completing that I was told they would like to do an on-site interview at there Palmdale facility. They flew me out, gave me a rental car and a per diem for food expenses. The interviews were handled very efficiently, everyone I spoke to was professional and courteous throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you made a mistake at work and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer-II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

This interview was with General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. specifically. I went to an information session about the company on a Thursday at the University of California, San Diego (where I recently got my Masters). They were holding a series of interviews the following Tuesday and I was given a time of my interviews on Monday. There were two interviews back-to-back: each were 90 mins with. Each interview had two interviewers which were interviewing for their specific team. After the interviews I spoke with the "Talent Acquisition Specialist" about how things went, when I'd hear back, which team I preferred to work for, and was lead through a two-page flyer about their benefits. As I was about to walk out the door I was met with the hiring manager who told me that they'd like to extend an offer to me for the team that I chose. I received the formal offer the following Tuesday although I was previously told I'd receive it the Friday or Monday after my interview, so it came a little late, but before I reached out to them. I was given three days to accept the offer. At the time of this writing I haven't decided on the offer yet because I have a competing one from ViaSat.

Interview Questions

• Given bytes "A" and "B" whose bit representations can be written as "0101X110" and "1Y011001" write a function to take in bytes "A" and "B" and return true if bits "X" and "Y" are the same or return false if they are not the same. Assume the 1s and 0s in "A" and "B" are arbitrary.   2 Answers
    • Given a string in c++, return true if it is a palindrome or false if it is not.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelanto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (Adelanto, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online for an entry level position and was contacted by HR in consideration for different engineering position. I had a phone interview with recruiter and a week after onsite interview with 2 hiring managers. I was also contacted by relocation department before my onsite Interview which I though was a good sign as I was assessed on relocation before any job offer. After the interview I felt I had a good chance at the job opportunity. I sent a thank you letter right after and follow up with recruiter 2 weeks later with a voice mail and did not get a reply.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

I had talked to someone at my university career fair and received an email from HR about two weeks after to schedule an interview. I had one phone interview with the hiring manager with some technical questions as well as behavioral.

Desktop Support Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (Palmdale, CA).

Interview

Interview process consisted of a phone interview with a recruiter to go over my resume and an in person interview with the Desktop Support supervisor and lead. The questions and test seemed below average Desktop Support level, so it was very simple.

Interview Questions

• What does DNS stand for?   1 Answer
    • Explain a time when you had to work as part of a team to resolve and issue.   Answer Question