General Atomics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.9

ISSO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at General Atomics (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

3 interviewers, low stress, good mix of question types (technical, personality, etc.). The recruiter contacted me and I had a interview within the week. The overall attitude of the interview was laid back, They asked plenty of questions and adequately answered mine.

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 types of log files and where can they be found.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. After submitting my application online I received a call from HR just asking basic questions. A few weeks later I received another call from HR with more questions and to schedule a phone interview with two directors from the department I would be working with. The panel interview was very casual and it discussed my resume and experience. Also asked about why I was interested in this internship in particular. Background check and 2 weeks later I got the offer. No in person interview.

Interview Questions

General Atomics Response

May 5, 2017 – Systems Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review about your interview experience with General Atomics and affiliated companies. We look forward to having you as part of our 2017 intern class.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics in April 2017.

Interview

I was set up to have a phone interview with one of the company's current engineers. It was very obvious this person was looking at my resume for the first time during the interview. I was only asked a couple non-technical questions and then they were done. My follow up questions took up the majority of the time.

Interview Questions

• What were some of the challenges you came across in your previous job?   Answer Question

May 5, 2017 – Systems Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate the feedback and regret that you had this experience with General Atomics and affiliated companies.

Associate Mass Properties Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of 2 interviews. The first interview was on the phone and the second was an on-site interview. The phone interview was with 2 engineers, where we went over my resume and they asked questions about my projects. The on-site interview was with a recruiter , 2 engineers, and the manager.

Engineering Intern III Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

After a referral from an employee, I had 1 behavioral 30 min interview mainly about my background and projects I worked on. Then I had 1 technical 30 minute interview talking more in depth about my projects. This was for a Summer 2017 Intern position.

Senior Sharepoint Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA).

Interview

conducted a 30 minute phone interview process then an in person interview with a group panel, hiring manager, a project manager and human resources. the in person interview process took about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Name one challenge you encountered and how you addressed it.   Answer Question

Apr 5, 2017 – Systems Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review about your interview with General Atomics and affiliated companies.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

Had two rounds with multiple people both times. It's a company run by and for scientists and engineers, so the process is no-nonsense but also focused on skills. There were no "gotcha" questions designed to knock you off-balance, but there will be plenty of tough questions designed to test your knowledge for the position. Standards are high so be ready to impress.

Interview Questions

• Several questions looking for in-depth knowledge of the subject matter.   Answer Question

Senior Subcontract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Panel interview all middle aged men. Polite but clearly had not read my resume. Knew when I finished I did not get the job and got email in 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply with our company and not Northrop Grumman?   Answer Question

Apr 6, 2017 – Systems Administrator

Systems Test and Qualification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

One over the phone interview and a follow up on site interview. The interviews were definitely technical in nature. Was asked about multiple subjects, some of which had nothing to do with the specific job position. They just want to see your critical thinking skills and how you can deal with things under pressure (unless it comes easily to you). Be prepare to get asked about any subjects (college classes, internships, clubs) that you have on your resume, even super obscure topics. Know your resume!

Software Developer I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

I applied online. First I received an email requesting a phone interview. I was contacted back very soon to schedule an on-site interview.

For the on-site: Spoke with the HR, then had a 1:1 meeting with an engineer + coding problem. Later met with others to talk about resume.

Interview Questions

• Asked about some C language basics.
      Also asked a bit about operating systems.
      On-site technical question was in C.
      Answer Question