General Atomics Software Developer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Atomics Software Developer I Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

3.4

Software Developer I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

I applied online. First I received an email requesting a phone interview. I was contacted back very soon to schedule an on-site interview.

For the on-site: Spoke with the HR, then had a 1:1 meeting with an engineer + coding problem. Later met with others to talk about resume.

Interview Questions

• Asked about some C language basics.
    Also asked a bit about operating systems.
    On-site technical question was in C.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Atomics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Phone interview. Then was asked to onsite interview where you're described the job benefits by HR and then taken to an engineer who tests your coding ability for one half and then the code will be discussed with other engineers as well as your experience.

Interview Questions

• Q. Tell us about your projects (explain in depth, will ask how you implemented certain things).   Answer Question

Software Developer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Atomics in August 2013.

Interview

I applied on their website and got an email for an initial phone interview later that week. The man interviewing me asked some pretty technical questions. The team I was interviewing for wrote the autopilot system for their UAV's. The programmers need to know C programming as well as how aircraft fly to be able to understand how the coding would affect the aircraft mid-flight.

Interview Questions

• Asked how a plane turns, how memory is allocated in C, Stack, Heap, Pointers. Not asked about actual code in this interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Just going to describe the initial phone screen. Lady was nice but the interview was a little impersonal. Basically asked a bunch of standard questions first like what are your strengths, favorite classes, explain your internships, etc. Then went on to a few quickfire tech questions and said the results plus my resume would be forwarded along.

Interview Questions

• 1. How many bits in a byte?
      2. What's the integral of velocity?
      3 Answers
    • Shift 0xFF to the right by 2, what do you get?   1 Answer
    • What's heap? What's stack?   1 Answer
    • What's a pointer?   1 Answer
    • What's a static function? A static variable?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Starts out with a phone interview from a senior member of the team you are interviewing for. Next if you pass the phone interview there is a meeting with a tech recruiter, followed immediately by a meeting with two people from the team. During this meeting they give you a tour of the facility followed by a programing test.

Interview Questions

• During the phone interview they ask about c concepts, such as static, Hex, and bitwise operations.   Answer Question