General Atomics Software Engineer On CLAW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Software Engineer On CLAW Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

GA-ASI is currently taking advantage of the ‘buyer’s market’ economy right now by giving low offers. They hired several acquaintances at large raises, and then started giving low offers as more engineers were on the market. They moved extremely slowly. I waited two weeks before I called them, and got no call back. I called a week later and was told they were still interviewing. While they were taking forever I took another offer. Process consisted of a phone interview, with someone who had no social skills, and a panel interview.
Phone interview, consisting of general overview and 8 ‘programming’ questions:
- How many bits in a byte
- What is malloc?
- Bitwise AND two 8 bit numbers
Panel interview with 2 engineers and 2 managers:
- Write a function on the board that compares the 7th position in an 8 bit binary number to the 4th position in another 8 bit binary number. Return true is equal.
- Brain teaser
- They had a large piece of paper on the wall with a C/C++ (more C style) program written on it that you had to analyze. It consisted of a pointer, P1, being initialized to a char array, and pointers P2 and P3 being initialized to P1. A while loop runs with the condition (*P1++ = *P3++). Then the 3 pointers are printf-ed. Knowledge of C style programming/’multiple actions per line’ was important for this problem, even if it’s not on your resume and even though they are coding in C#.

Interview Questions

• Bitwise AND two numbers, and compare different bit positions for equality.   1 Answer
  • Analyze C program on the wall (see above).   Answer Question