General Atomics Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Atomics Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2017

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

I first had a phone interview. From the phone interview they wanted to know personally based questions. Know your resume really well. The second interview was a little bit more relaxed but know your resume for this too. I met with multiple managers and they asked about past projects, etc.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you were a good team player   Answer Question
  • What was the biggest mistake you ever made and how did you deal with this mistake?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Atomics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Mostly consisted of resume review as noted on many other posts. They run through the resume and ask questions as they see fit relative to the position. It is usually a panel of a few interviewers. It should not be too difficult if you are comfortable with what you have done in the past. Note: they are unusually slow at responding, which can be frustrating.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

2 phone interviews followed by an onsite interview with about 8 different people at various levels. Questions were reasonable, primarily based on my resume, nothing too technical or in depth. Best advice is just be able to speak to the various items listed on your resume.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a requirement and a capability?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was fairly straight forward, I asked for more, gave some justification and they agreed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

HR dragging the process forward, misinformation provided by recruiter, honesty not their best policy. HR arrived late for interview kick off, entire schedule push due to time constraints, others not responsive or interested in hiring anyone, overall very unprofessional group of people.

General Atomics Response

Apr 15, 2015 – System Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate the feedback and regret that you had this interview experience with General Atomics and affiliated companies.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 people, 1 senior engineer, 3 in management roles, and 1 HR representative. Spent about a half hour with each person. 1 supervisor forgot he had an interview and I sat there for 20 extra minutes with the senior engineer discussing other topics totally unrelated to the role.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have developing specifications?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone
    1. Phone Interview by recruiter (15 min)
    2. Phone Interview by a panel (30 min)
    3. For second interview, they fly you over to Poway

Face to Face (5 hours)
    4. Meet with recruiter to discuss salary
    5. Meet with panel of engineers - They ask technical questions about UAV systems, eg comm. protocols, etc...
    6. Meet with supervisor (would be your boss) - He asks you business questions
    7. Meet with head of department - Kind of a personality test, see if you have the "nack"
    Go home

Interview Questions

• Explain the process of a contract from initial stages to deliverables.   Answer Question