General Dynamics Electric Boat Interview Questions in Connecticut | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.3

106 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

Met recruiters at college career fair. Had an in person interview on campus next day. Was told to apply online. Received a call about 3 weeks later then had over night stay for interview in Groton, CT. Paid for travel and hotel expenses and food up to $25

Interview Questions

• Asking basic questions about myself and my experience. Depending on what position you apply for they are looking for that type of skill set and previous knowledge. Basic engineering concepts.   Answer Question

Piping Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT).

Interview

Everyone in HR was kind and helpful. Interview was quite long. Was brought on a tour then took the bus to new London for interview and then had lunch with interviewer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online four months before I got a call from HR to schedule an interview. EB flew me to Groton for the in-person interview. I got a tour of the shipyard, and met with four supervisors for my interviews. I also had lunch with someone who held a similar position to the one I applied for. It was a good experience and they have a great atmosphere. Be prepared to be patient for the entire interview process and don't plan to be anywhere until at least 4 pm if you have an interview process starting at 7 am. Also wear completely closed shoes if you want to tour the shipyard. They are very strict on safety, especially for touring groups.

Spatial Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

The process takes a long time. It took about two months to get an interview, and another month for a decision. The interview consisted of a detailed explanation of what the job encompassed, and then three members taking turns asking questions pertaining to spatial planning.

Welding Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

Great interview with very knowledgeable staff. Amazing work attitude among employees. I feel that this is a great opportunity for anyone in the skilled trades. Great experience overall with many career opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Did I have experience with consumable inserts. EB Rings   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back to schedule the interview within a week. Once you arrive in Groton, an employee takes you on a Shipyard tour. After that, you take the shuttle to the New London office when you are met by an employee and brought to your interviewer. Once the interview is complete, and employee takes you to a paid for lunch, where you can ask anything else you were wondering about the company, location, etc. After that you are brought back to the shuttle and you turn in your badge and head home.

Interview Questions

• They mostly asked about how you perform in groups, how you deal with minor details, errors, mistakes, slacking group members, etc.   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was straight forward, took several hours. Involved meeting with 2 interviewers. Many good quality questions were asked, but interviewers were positive, and personable. Format was organized, no trick questions. Several technical questions were asked that I did not know the answer to, and indicated immediately that I wasn't familiar with the technology they were asking about, and thought it a better choice to indicate that I had no prior knowledge or experience with it.

Interview Questions

• As a Project Manager, How would I handle a project that I did not have any prior experience with ?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (New London, CT) in July 2016.

Interview

You go to employment office and wait for your contact to take you on a tour of the facility.
    Then they take you by bus to the New London bldg. to interview with another contact who will evaluate your portfolio and the questions they ask during the interview process.

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT) in July 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for 4 spots in the ship signatures department (acoustics). It's a long day but it was managed pretty well so even by the end I wasn't excessively tired. All of the interviewers I met were pretty down to earth and didn't ask any impossible questions. Although it said it was an 8 am start it didn't really start until 8:50 but being there early is always a plus. After a tour of the Groton side you go back to the employment office and get put on a shuttle to go to the New London side. This is where almost all of the engineering work is done now and also where all of my interviews were held. You get an escort to the room and all of the interviews came to me so there is no hope of getting lost. The last interview took place while having a paid for lunch in the cafeteria. The food was pretty good. Dress code at EB is pretty lax and keep in mind there is a decent amount of walking outside but I wouldn't want to interview in anything less than formal attire. All in all I would say it was a relaxing day (comparatively) and that as long as you bring your things with you that there is nothing to worry about. Keep in mind that you may not know if you have the position for several weeks after the interview (3-4 in my case so they say).

Interview Questions

• Mainly just background questions from things they see on your resume or transcript (make sure to bring it if you are a recent grad). Only one department asked me any technical questions and for the most part its a pretty relaxing atmosphere.   Answer Question

Administrative Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT) in July 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with 7 people! 5 of them were there in the conference room and 2 of them were over the phone. It was a good interview but very overwhelming because I didn't realize I was interviewing for 3 different positions at once.
    Just a note to anyone who applies there:
    When you upload your resume it will change format. So make sure you let them know you have the resume in the proper format at the interview, have enough copies for about 8 people.

Interview Questions

• All the standard interview questions. Study online interview questions and you will do fine.   1 Answer