General Dynamics Electric Boat Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Dynamics Electric Boat Engineer I Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

1.9

Engineer I Interview

Interview

After you arrive and check in with HR an employee takes you on a tour of the shipyard. Then they send you to the department that has the opening you are applying for. If that department is in New London like this one, they provide transportation from the HR office. After the interview you get a paid for lunch with an employee, giving you time to ask additional questions. All in all it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for General Dynamics Electric Boat

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back to schedule the interview within a week. Once you arrive in Groton, an employee takes you on a Shipyard tour. After that, you take the shuttle to the New London office when you are met by an employee and brought to your interviewer. Once the interview is complete, and employee takes you to a paid for lunch, where you can ask anything else you were wondering about the company, location, etc. After that you are brought back to the shuttle and you turn in your badge and head home.

Interview Questions

• They mostly asked about how you perform in groups, how you deal with minor details, errors, mistakes, slacking group members, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Kingstown, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (North Kingstown, RI).

Interview

Very laid back interview. Asked basic questions. I got some of the technical questions wrong, but it didn't change anything. It was more about my problem solving abilities and ability to relate to the tradespersons.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

Arrive at HR. Wait around. Ship yard tour. Get on bus to New London. Wait again. Interview with different people within the department. Have lunch with someone in the department. get on bus back to Groton. Exit interview sheet.

Interview Questions

• Are you the team leader of your senior design project.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

Like several others, was invited for an interview in the morning and got to stay in a nice hotel in Mystic, CT. In a small group, we were given a very fascinating shipyard tour. Was given interviews by three different departments, likely to explore my different options within the company. During the interviews, there was little technical question, a few behavioral questions, and mostly them explaining their work. It was very a fun experience. Heard back after a week for the offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you print "Hello World" in C?
      Q: We are interviewing many people for this position, why should we hire you?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT) in November 2015.

Interview

Took a tour of the Groton site, Took a tour of the New London site, interviewed with a supervisor who pulled my resume based on keywords present in my resume, then received an exit survey.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Hartford, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

Straight forward interview. Toured the shipyard then took a bus to the main building. The interview was conducted by a senior engineer where he went over his job description and went over my resume. No technical questions. Just know what is on your resume and you will be fine. In total I had 2 interviews in the day.

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT).

Interview

Interview is usually done by a panel or a group of people. They all ask different type of questions, technical and non technical. They also give a brief description of what the job entails.

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT) in May 2015.

Interview

Pretty Easy interview. I showed up, got a tour of the shipyard and the facility I would be working at. Got to meet my new boss and the people I would be working directly with. Also got free lunch.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle working in an office? Describe your experience. No real technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Called me less than a week later with an offer, no negotiation of salary.

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

Get Security Pass, taken for a tour of the shipyard, then back to HR to wait for actual interview. I had two interviews in two different departments, both were very straightforward, neither lasted more than an hour and both interviewers were extremely pleasant people. No difficult questions, they mostly seemed concerned with explaining the duties of the job to me.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in GDEB?   3 Answers