General Dynamics Electric Boat Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 22, 2017

1.9

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

Met recruiters at college career fair. Had an in person interview on campus next day. Was told to apply online. Received a call about 3 weeks later then had over night stay for interview in Groton, CT. Paid for travel and hotel expenses and food up to $25

Interview Questions

• Asking basic questions about myself and my experience. Depending on what position you apply for they are looking for that type of skill set and previous knowledge. Basic engineering concepts.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Dynamics Electric Boat

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat.

Interview

HR will call you up to schedule an in person interview. yhat day, you show up, get a tour of shipyard, interview with supervisor, give you lunch, During Which You INTERVIEW With DOMEONE else. Get a tour of the facility you will be working in, do an exit interview, and you are done.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online four months before I got a call from HR to schedule an interview. EB flew me to Groton for the in-person interview. I got a tour of the shipyard, and met with four supervisors for my interviews. I also had lunch with someone who held a similar position to the one I applied for. It was a good experience and they have a great atmosphere. Be prepared to be patient for the entire interview process and don't plan to be anywhere until at least 4 pm if you have an interview process starting at 7 am. Also wear completely closed shoes if you want to tour the shipyard. They are very strict on safety, especially for touring groups.

Engineer I Interview

Interview

After you arrive and check in with HR an employee takes you on a tour of the shipyard. Then they send you to the department that has the opening you are applying for. If that department is in New London like this one, they provide transportation from the HR office. After the interview you get a paid for lunch with an employee, giving you time to ask additional questions. All in all it was a great experience.

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back to schedule the interview within a week. Once you arrive in Groton, an employee takes you on a Shipyard tour. After that, you take the shuttle to the New London office when you are met by an employee and brought to your interviewer. Once the interview is complete, and employee takes you to a paid for lunch, where you can ask anything else you were wondering about the company, location, etc. After that you are brought back to the shuttle and you turn in your badge and head home.

Interview Questions

• They mostly asked about how you perform in groups, how you deal with minor details, errors, mistakes, slacking group members, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Kingstown, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (North Kingstown, RI).

Interview

Very laid back interview. Asked basic questions. I got some of the technical questions wrong, but it didn't change anything. It was more about my problem solving abilities and ability to relate to the tradespersons.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

Arrive at HR. Wait around. Ship yard tour. Get on bus to New London. Wait again. Interview with different people within the department. Have lunch with someone in the department. get on bus back to Groton. Exit interview sheet.

Interview Questions

• Are you the team leader of your senior design project.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

Like several others, was invited for an interview in the morning and got to stay in a nice hotel in Mystic, CT. In a small group, we were given a very fascinating shipyard tour. Was given interviews by three different departments, likely to explore my different options within the company. During the interviews, there was little technical question, a few behavioral questions, and mostly them explaining their work. It was very a fun experience. Heard back after a week for the offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you print "Hello World" in C?
      Q: We are interviewing many people for this position, why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT) in November 2015.

Interview

Took a tour of the Groton site, Took a tour of the New London site, interviewed with a supervisor who pulled my resume based on keywords present in my resume, then received an exit survey.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Hartford, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

Straight forward interview. Toured the shipyard then took a bus to the main building. The interview was conducted by a senior engineer where he went over his job description and went over my resume. No technical questions. Just know what is on your resume and you will be fine. In total I had 2 interviews in the day.