General Dynamics Information Technology Interview Questions in Fairfax, VA | Glassdoor

General Dynamics Information Technology Interview Questions in Fairfax, VA

Updated May 10, 2017

2.6

Junior Accounting/Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Fairfax, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Process took about a month. Once started it moved very quickly. Had a very good conversation with the recruiter and continued with the manager's as well. Offer received very quiickly (next day)

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the sdhort term and long term?   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Fairfax, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a job opening and the following week I was there for an interview. The recruiter said I was only meeting with 1 person when I was actually meeting with three who all came into the room at different times. We sat in the conference room while they drilled me with questions on SQL, GREP commands, and very vaguely based OOP questions. It was like walking into a lion's den. It was the worst interview experience of my life 60% because I sucked 40% because they sucked. I felt extremely uncomfortable as soon as I stepped into the room.

Interview Questions

• What objects would you create if you were writing a code about a deck of cards?   1 Answer
    • What is an abstract class?   1 Answer

Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Fairfax, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

met person to person where we talked about what the position entails, what Ive done at school to help me prepare for the position. What i wanted to get out of the internship.

Interview Questions

• have you ever done risk analysis, requirement gathering   Answer Question

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Fairfax, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then a round table interview. The whole process was a sham as this was an internal interview. I was already an employee and should have been in the top tier all things considered. But the new hiring manager picked the guy that he had worked with at a different company. All the other candidates figured it was a show but held out hope that this was just a coincidence. Then we got asked if we would support whoever the eventual pick was DURING the interview. Since there was only one outsider, this made it clear the hiring manager was already planning on hiring the outsider.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style? Will you support the pick?   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Fairfax, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied to the internship online through my university's career services website. About a week later, I received a phone call indicating that the managers of the communications department would both like to interview me. When I arrived, I went to the security office to receive clearance before being escorted upstairs to conduct the interview.

Interview Questions

• Since I was applying for an internship, I was asked about my prior experience, my major and GPA, the courses I was taking and had taken, and what I expected to get out of the internship once it had been completed.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Fairfax, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

Submitted through an employee referral. Within a week, the hiring manager contacted me. Didn't wait too long before they made a decision to bring on for an internship. They acted professionally and very welcoming, and they assured that I would get exposure to the career I was interested in. They were very clear that they expected their interns to participate in projects with them, and engage them in every day dynamics and routines of the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked about college experience, wanted to know why pursue the field, and what career expectations were after college.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

They contacted me through email and offered me an interview for a position and top secret clearance sponsorship. I responded and after one phone session providing basic information, I had a java prescreening exam. I did not pass this exam.

Interview Questions

• What are the benefits and negatives of using recursive programming?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Fairfax, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

1 interview with director of finance

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Fairfax, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

Frank discussion of position, duties, pay and opportunities. After brief phone discussion on Friday, and of the employee and customer referrals that had led to the call the interview was scheduled for Monday afternoon. Interview with the hiring VP took place in his office, 1 on 1, with clear discussion of both our needs and potential, including current projects billing, potential salary, and additional projects and opportunities for me to use to hit my target salary and allow growth.

Interview Questions

• Can you interview on Monday, and travel on Wednesday?   1 Answer
    • Program Management requires managing salary and billing rates. Can you explain the elements of determining a wrap rate and its relationship to salary, profit and bill rates?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Fairfax, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

I was contact via email only a few days after submitting online. The email was followed up by a very casual phone call conversation. Technical questions were peppered in the conversation along with a description of the job requirement. It was a very comfortable experience.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer